Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney vs North Melbourne

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This is not a suggestion that I would make, but something you might consider: Bring Gus in to replace JMac in the side, put him in the midfield and move Chad to the wing, and give JMac some time to recover from his unspecified injury.
    No chance

Looks like the #2s gave up a good 3/4 time lead by letting the Roos kick on in the final quarter.

Sam Wicks 28 touches and 3 goals. Who’d’ve thought.

Regular in the Side
    Well, I'm happy. Six goal win, into 4th on the ladder, no injuries.
    Forward line looks better with McDonald in it. I'm an Amartey fan, but McDonald covers more ground and has better ground level skills, Amartey seems to have a skill set more suited to being the primary target.
    Also Hickey looked as good as he has all year.

Anyway, some question marks over a couple of players, but I would prefer no changes for next week. Lets build continuity.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Please give the bickering a rest. It’s boring.
    Are you a mod?

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Well, I'm happy. Six goal win, into 4th on the ladder, no injuries.
    Forward line looks better with McDonald in it. I'm an Amartey fan, but McDonald covers more ground and has better ground level skills, Amartey seems to have a skill set more suited to being the primary target.
    Also Hickey looked as good as he has all year.

Anyway, some question marks over a couple of players, but I would prefer no changes for next week. Lets build continuity.
    I agree with all of this. Hickey looked much better and more comfortable today. He and Reid are doing the job which allows us to have Logan in over Amartey.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Are you a mod?
    Gjuz - who’d take that on!

I’ve gotta admit, I secretly enjoy the banter (but it does get tedious at times).

I’m loving watching JRB improving each week. Some 2nd & 3rd efforts today were outstanding. Don’t want to mention the war, but he is becoming one of my favourite players. Still a bit dodgy on some of his kicks, but I am super impressed with the effort and is so much tougher than he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I agree with all of this. Hickey looked much better and more comfortable today. He and Reid are doing the job which allows us to have Logan in over Amartey.
    +1.
    North haven’t been bad over the last few weeks, and are the No. 1 clearance team in the comp over that time. They were up for it today, and we switched off for the last 10 minutes. Otherwise a solid win, no injuries, and we stay in 4th spot.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Great game from Hickey, back to his best form and it adds something to our team.

Defence wasn't that good today, need to be sharp next week.

Norf have some talent LDU looks a gun

A factor that I forgot about until a little while ago and another reason we really needed to kick on and jump Melbourne is that we own there 1st round draft pick for this year! We need to do our best to push past them and hope they fall outside the top 4 as it may be extremely valuable for us this off season if they drop off.

Disappointing we didn't get it done in the last today.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Although I agree with Ludwig's comments, my glass is half full:

We won
    Improved our percentage
    No injuries
    We beat the best clearance side 43 - 37 and matched them 16 - 16 in the centre
    They brought a high level of pressure, which will be good preparation for next week's game
    Hickey seems to be on the mend
    Good signs from McDonald
    Given the 1996 celebration etc, North were really up for this game

Next week our season is on the line. Take the 4 points and start preparing.

It was a very satisfying result for me as I was at the 96 Granny and was so devoed that we didn’t get the win that day.

After the arm wrestle early, the boys did well to pull away.

Awesome result.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Although I agree with Ludwig's comments, my glass is half full:
    Yes, on reflection this is a good way to look at the game. Still plenty of positives.

I was a little disappointed that they could not get the percentage advantage, and I do wonder how it is that North get smashed by many other teams yet are competitive against us: the match-ups, the scheduling, the Blakey insider knowledge?

But at the end of the day a solid enough win, and good to get tested before next week.
    Last edited by neilfws; 8th August 2022 at 10:41 AM.