Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 22: vs Collingwood on Sunday 14 August, 3:20 PM at the SCG

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I'd suggest the round 22 game against the Hawks back in 2012? Not quite the same as the new stand was under construction at that time.

Can't wait for this game!
    That game came to my mind, too. Apparently, the game that planted the Swans seed in Buddy's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    That game came to my mind, too. Apparently, the game that planted the Swans seed in Buddy's mind.
    That was the day it became crystal clear in my mind we could indeed win the flag in 2012. Told my mate on the way out of the ground we would be there on the last day of September and that might have been a grand final preview.... What a year that was!

Awesome it is a sellout on Sunday - wish I was going to be there but will be watching from somewhere nice in warm old Darwin town!

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    I have an event at the same time as the game, and won't be able to watch until pretty much the game is over. Do I dare sneak peaks at the score? Argggh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I have an event at the same time as the game, and won't be able to watch until pretty much the game is over. Do I dare sneak peaks at the score? Argggh.
    Don’t do that Mal-wait until the game is over and we’ve won. Then watch the replay fully relaxed!😊

Senior Player
    Are we there yet?
    Personally I can’t remember a more anticipated home and away game.
    I don’t normally do so but I am literally wishing the days away so the game starts.
    Bit of an oversight putting this game on at that time on a Sunday or was it a cunning ploy by the AFL to ensure some interest in a usually quiet time slot.
    I still don’t see how we are so heavily favoured by the bookies given we are behind them on the ladder but am heartened by the fact that the bookies all live in better houses and drive nicer cars than me so must have some idea what they are doing 😀
    Swans by 27 points

Senior Player
    Apparently "the Pies have a flu going through", according to a typical Tom Browne tweet (that is, worded in a bizarre, awkward style that the brain struggles to comprehend):

The Pies have a flu going through which isn’t good.

Jamie Elliott didn’t train.

Carmichael, McCreery and Chugg also absent unfortunately.

I’m told it’s not COVID

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Apparently "the Pies have a flu going through", according to a typical Tom Browne tweet (that is, worded in a bizarre, awkward style that the brain struggles to comprehend):

The Pies have a flu going through which isn’t good.

Jamie Elliott didn’t train.

Carmichael, McCreery and Chugg also absent unfortunately.

I’m told it’s not COVID
    There's a poetic quality to it in a certain light; a Browneian haiku.

The current round of common cold definitely affects the physical state you’re in.

Hope they don’t pass it on to their opponents.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The current round of common cold definitely affects the physical state you’re in.

Hope they don’t pass it on to their opponents.
    That crossed my mind too. Surely it has to be a 50M penalty, and the Collingwood player reported.

Heard Brett Sanderson on SEN today analysing on what our game plan should be to take on Collingwood:
    - They're not good at contested clearances which we'll need to out come on top.
    - Launch forward 50 entries no more than 70 metres out from goal. This to avoid long bomb deep entries which the Pies defence are good at repelling.
    - Fowards to play selfless roles by spreading the Pies defenders to provide one on one targets with our shorter forward entries.
    - Do no allow Pies defenders to gang up together in marking contests. Apply forward pressure to create repeated forward 50 entries and locking ball in.
    - Deny Pies marks. The games Pies have lost this year they had lost the marks count by at least 20. Brett noted we're No.2 in the competition for denying opposition marks, so this should be up our alley.

This is all to counter Collingwood's ball movement which is very effective and requires attention.

Simpler to just say score more than Collingwood!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    In Bell Campbell Gould Ladhams
    Out Ronke

The extended bench are the 4 ins above and Stephens McDonald Blakey McInerney

Pies bring in C.Brown Henry and Kelly

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast