Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vale Jim Main

Veteran Site Admin

Vale Jim Main

Vale Jim Main

I just saw this report, hidden towards the foot of the Swans' website front page.

Never played for the club, never (to the best of my knowledge) held an official role, but still feels like a key figure in the club's history/development (if a historian can be part of the club's history!)

The team will wear armbands on Sunday in his memory.

Jesus. What a few days it’s been.

I’ve been reading his articles as long as I could remember. He was one of the best in the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh this news has made me particularly sad. Grew up reading his columns in "Inside Football" back in the day. Loved his life story as a diehard Swans tragic leading up to the 1996 GF in his book "Plugger and the mighty Swans". which I'm sure all old South supporters can relate to. Highly recommended read.

Also have the magnificent "In the Blood" which he faithfully documented the club's full history up to the time of publication.

I know he's done collaborate work with long time fellow St Kilda historian Russell Holmesby. What a sad week it has been.

Sad news indeed, in a week already brimming with loss. Loved his books and articles. RIP Jim Main.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Sad news indeed, in a week already brimming with loss. Loved his books and articles. RIP Jim Main.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    +1. His 'Shake Down The Thunder' book after we won in 2005 is a masterpiece. Big loss for old South fans especially.

Veterans List
    A sad loss, a big part of our story, one of the best Swans supporters ever, a true Blood.

His books are treasured in my household

RIP Jim

Don't want to hijack the wonderful tributes to Jim - but felt appropriate to add a vale to another wonderful writer and ferociously loyal Swans member in the same thread - Jan Courtin.

Like Jim's work her book is one full of emotion and joy about the club we all love.

RIP Jan.

Vale Jan Courtin

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A sad loss, a big part of our story, one of the best Swans supporters ever, a true Blood.

His books are treasured in my household

RIP Jim
    Beautifully put, 707.

Like you, his books documenting the history of the club that I've loved for over 60 years hold pride of place.

RIP Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Don't want to hijack the wonderful tributes to Jim - but felt appropriate to add a vale to another wonderful writer and ferociously loyal Swans member in the same thread - Jan Courtin.

Like Jim's work her book is one full of emotion and joy about the club we all love.

RIP Jan.

Vale Jan Courtin

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    Very sad news. Another terrific writer about all things red and white. Condolences to Jan’s family, and the the wider Swans’ family, of which she was so much a part.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

+1 Very Sad. Expect players to be wearing double black arm bands this Sunday.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    +1. His 'Shake Down The Thunder' book after we won in 2005 is a masterpiece. Big loss for old South fans especially.
    It's a great read that one. He's one of our greatest fans. Vale Jim.

Thanks, Jim for the great book "blood stained angels" you signed and gave to me in 2005. RIP mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast