Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Round 22: the other games. A few mini finals and plenty of meh.

There’s precious little focus on the Swans v Pies game tonight, it’s all about Robbos team (Bombers) and their demise . Which is fine.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Unfortunately Liz the Live Ladder will keep appearing at the bottom of the screen. I recall they did that last year during the final round.
    Put some cardboard or something on the bottom left of your TV screen . Thought it won't be helped if they do a cross over or mention during the match.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Put some cardboard or something on the bottom left of your TV screen . Thought it won't be helped if they do a cross over or mention during the match.
    A folded post it note is a common feature at our place in such circumstances.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So, quite unusually for a footy club, the Essendon president has acknowledged that sometimes change needs to start at the top, and that it's no good just blaming the coach when the people who appointed him keep their roles.

Essendon Bombers president Paul Brasher set to depart after horror loss to Port Adelaide Power
    I watched his address to members early in the year, thought he was hopeless, just clinging to the old "Essendon people" will pull us through mantra, so we'll do an internal review and not upset anybody.

20 years of mediocrity, haven't won a final in that time either, way too much money, way too little ticker - long may it continue.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I’m hoping for a doggies victory earlier in the day on Sunday so CFC Vs CFC is a do or die battle.
    Which we'd all hope Carlton win so the Doggies can go and eff themselves and cry all through the off season.

Veterans List
    Footy Classified showed footage of Essendon player Hind ignoring the coach when he went to the bench. He firstly wouldn't sit next to the coach until the coach tapped the seat and called him over to sit down. Not once did Hind look at Rutten...not even when he touched him or when he was talking to him giving him instructions. I thought it was extremely disrespectful. I could not imagine one of our players ever doing that to Longmire.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Footy Classified showed footage of Essendon player Hind ignoring the coach when he went to the bench. He firstly wouldn't sit next to the coach until the coach tapped the seat and called him over to sit down. Not once did Hind look at Rutten...not even when he touched him or when he was talking to him giving him instructions. I thought it was extremely disrespectful. I could not imagine one of our players ever doing that to Longmire.
    I thought Buckley's comments on this (on a segment of this morning's Whately show on SEN) were spot on. It's footage taken out of context and it's impossible to draw any conclusions.

I've read elsewhere (on BF) that it's footage from two weeks ago, at the end of a match where they were thrashing North Melbourne, and Hind had just been dragged for giving away a 50m penalty.

When a player snubs the coach on national TV.... | Page 2 | BigFooty Forum

Senior Player
    I thought Buckley's comments on this (on a segment of this morning's Whately show on SEN) were spot on. It's footage taken out of context and it's impossible to draw any conclusions.

I've read elsewhere (on BF) that it's footage from two weeks ago, at the end of a match where they were thrashing North Melbourne, and Hind had just been dragged for giving away a 50m penalty.

Pretty sure it is from the North game. Very ordinary behaviour by the media but very typical sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Which we'd all hope Carlton win so the Doggies can go and eff themselves and cry all through the off season.
    I’m hoping Doggies win but fail to overtake the Blues on percentage

How does this make or any better or any less disrespectful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    When I watch the Essendon saga, I'm just glad we are such a well run club.

They've been aimless for 15-20 years, churned through coaches, concocted a drugs scandal, traded for overpaid duds, sustained that gross under performer in Dodoro, assume they're going to succeed because they're a 'big club', and generally are a hot mess. And now they run, without any due diligence, to Clarko because they're all screaming 'do something!!'. Although I think they have some young talent on their list, I'd be wary as a coach signing onto what that club represents and how it is run. Got Malcolm Blight to the Saints feels for me.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Essendon remain my most loathed club, and I couldn’t be happier seeing them in a @@@@ heap.

“Whatever it takes” was such a timely slogan.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast