Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Round 22: the other games. A few mini finals and plenty of meh.

I'm gutted the Blues lost that game, mainly due to the fact that the Bulldogs are still a chance of making the 8! My hatred towards them has not softened since 2016...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I'm gutted the Blues lost that game, mainly due to the fact that the Bulldogs are still a chance of making the 8! My hatred towards them has not softened since 2016...

We really need to beat Collingwood. If we lose we’re odds on to finish 5th and the Bulldogs are a huge change to finish 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    We really need to beat Collingwood. If we lose we’re odds on to finish 5th and the Bulldogs are a huge change to finish 8th.

Won't be easy for them to get over Hawks in Tasmania nor for Freo to beat GWS away.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post

Say we do finish 5th, wouldn’t we rather be up against the dogs than Carlton? Better the Dog you know than any other team at this point for me.

The team that nobody will want to play is Richmond! They are definitely in now and looking to be back to their best! Just don't want the AFL assisted Bulldogs in there at all!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    The team that nobody will want to play is Richmond! They are definitely in now and looking to be back to their best! Just don't want the AFL assisted Bulldogs in there at all!
    Exactly.....eff them, go Blues next week!

Veteran Site Admin
    So, quite unusually for a footy club, the Essendon president has acknowledged that sometimes change needs to start at the top, and that it's no good just blaming the coach when the people who appointed him keep their roles.

Essendon Bombers president Paul Brasher set to depart after horror loss to Port Adelaide Power

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So, quite unusually for a footy club, the Essendon president has acknowledged that sometimes change needs to start at the top, and that it's no good just blaming the coach when the people who appointed him keep their roles.

Essendon Bombers president Paul Brasher set to depart after horror loss to Port Adelaide Power
    Wow. A rare level of self-awareness that it's not always and only the coach.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Exactly.....eff them, go Blues next week!
    I’m hoping for a doggies victory earlier in the day on Sunday so CFC Vs CFC is a do or die battle.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I’m hoping for a doggies victory earlier in the day on Sunday so CFC Vs CFC is a do or die battle.
    The timing of the Sunday games is unfortunate, with the Collingwood Carlton game overlapping with ours. I wish there were a commentator rule whereby they don't make mention of scores in other ongoing or just finished matches during their commentary, so that I could either watch the Collingwood Carlton game to the end and then watch our game on delay, or tape the second half of the Pies Blues game to watch after ours has finished. But I suspect either effort would be spoilt by the commentators giving the game away.

Senior Player
    The timing of the Sunday games is unfortunate, with the Collingwood Carlton game overlapping with ours. I wish there were a commentator rule whereby they don't make mention of scores in other ongoing or just finished matches during their commentary, so that I could either watch the Collingwood Carlton game to the end and then watch our game on delay, or tape the second half of the Pies Blues game to watch after ours has finished. But I suspect either effort would be spoilt by the commentators giving the game away.
    Not sure if I could handle that much suspense!

Veterans List
    Unfortunately Liz the Live Ladder will keep appearing at the bottom of the screen. I recall they did that last year during the final round.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast