Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 22: the other games. A few mini finals and plenty of meh.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I thought that the umpiring was quite fair for most of the match but, yes, the final free kick to Liberatore for a high tackle was a "get out of jail free" card for the Poodles. Should've been paid against him and the ball was in the Giants attacking zone.
    I checked the free kick stats and the Giants got one more.....13 to 12. Weird!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    A few minutes to go in the first quarter and the commentators have just noticed, that Rankine is looking like Akermanis.
    The radio commentator said he looks like a toilet brush!

Just noticed Izak Rankine. He's really gone for the Akermanis look. Not sure if I entirely approve?
    I remember when Aker started playing for the Dogs. We were scheduled to play them at Manuka Oval and as it so happened, my Mrs and I were sitting boundary side close to the Dogs' bench.

We were flogging them and I gave Aker absolutely heaps as he warmed up mid match only a few metres from us. I was taunting him with statements like, 'Why oh why did you ever join a #### team like the Dogs?' and 'How good are the Swans going today? Any regrets not playing for us? That's right, we didn't want you' and 'Do you ever think you'll do a handstand again, playing with this rabble?' I kept at it until my wife silenced me with one word, 'Enough'.

To his credit, he was the ultimate professional player. He didn't flinch or acknowledge me in any way. He just took his peroxide self, warmed up and rejoined the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I remember when Aker started playing for the Dogs. We were scheduled to play them at Manuka Oval and as it so happened, my Mrs and I were sitting boundary side close to the Dogs' bench.

We were flogging them and I gave Aker absolutely heaps as he warmed up mid match only a few metres from us. I was taunting him with statements like, 'Why oh why did you ever join a #### team like the Dogs?' and 'How good are the Swans going today? Any regrets not playing for us? That's right, we didn't want you' and 'Do you ever think you'll do a handstand again, playing with this rabble?' I kept at it until my wife silenced me with one word, 'Enough'.

To his credit, he was the ultimate professional player. He didn't flinch or acknowledge me in any way. He just took his peroxide self, warmed up and rejoined the play.
    Ohh, why are people so unkind?

Two words re: Aker

Jared Crouch

Ohh, why are people so unkind?
    That was the only time I behaved like an idiot at the footy. There was something special about Aker that brought out the worst in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    That was the only time I behaved like an idiot at the footy. There was something special about Aker that brought out the worst in me.
    Yes, I always especially enjoyed the jobs that Crouch did on him.

Yes, I always especially enjoyed the jobs that Crouch did on him.
    Crouch shut down a few talented smalls in his time. For what it's worth I think Crouch could do a job on Toby Greene too if they ever played at the same time.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Two words re: Aker

Jared Crouch
    I reckon that would've got his attention.

If Carlton could beat the Dees it would be extremely handy in several fronts.

And if the Weagles could do the same to Freo …

A blues win would’ve helped us - but I enjoyed that.

Senior Player
    It's not going to come cheap. We need to win tomorrow.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast