Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 22: the other games. A few mini finals and plenty of meh.

What a cracking match. I know it would have been better for us if the Dees lost, but I just can't bring myself to barrack for the Blues.

Senior Player
    Blues choked, in the lead with a minute to go and missed a backwards kick to Saad so he had to kick long instead of taking his time after a mark.

Second place is ours for the taking, we just have to win against the Pies and Saints, and edge the Demons by percentage if they beat Brisbane.

Max Gawn was the difference .

Veterans List
    Doesn't help us right now but loving the way Carlton got beat, particularly after lawyers got Cripps off on legal technicalities!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I can't help but feel a bit of schadenfreude at the way Carlton lost that one. One can see why the Dees fans like Pickett.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    What a cracking game! I was torn tonight.....half barracking for Melbourne but reminding myself that a Carlton win helps us.....but we always had to win our game tomorrow anyway. Go Swans!

Veterans List
    The crowd next week for Blues vs Pies! Might be GF size

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    What a cracking match. I know it would have been better for us if the Dees lost, but I just can't bring myself to barrack for the Blues.
    + 1,000,000

Well zero margin of error now need 2 wins for a double chance.

Quote Originally Posted by H2F View Post
    Well zero margin of error now need 2 wins for a double chance.
    Not necessarily if we beat Collingwood , Brisbane and Melbourne still to play giving us a chance to stay in front of one of them and Carlton could still beat Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    What a cracking game! I was torn tonight.....half barracking for Melbourne but reminding myself that a Carlton win helps us.....but we always had to win our game tomorrow anyway. Go Swans!
    Yes! I just could not bring myself to go for the blues (despite the little leg up we’d’ve got from them winning).

The next dilemma will be who I want to win when they play the pies next week? Another loss could see the puppies take their spot in the 8. Could mean they’d finish every round of the year inside the 8 except for the round that really matters. The downside would mean the puppies in the 8, but it would be worth it (imho).

& I’m finding I don’t hate Collingwood so much these days - a strange feeling (which won’t last, I’m sure - particularly for tomorrow!). Anyway, why do we have to wait so long for this game? What a stupid time slot. Come on, bring it on… our biggest game of the year so far & the delay is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    Not necessarily if we beat Collingwood , Brisbane and Melbourne still to play giving us a chance to stay in front of one of them and Carlton could still beat Collingwood
    The only way we make the top four after losing against Collingwood would be if the dockers somehow lose their last game. Given how unlikely that is I say we have to beat Collingwood to make the top 4.

Both Brisbane and Melbourne should have lost this week but their opponents of course found ways to lose. It sucks but we have thrown games away and now we’re in this position.

We’ll beat Collingwood, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast