Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 23, vs St Kilda at Marvel, on Sunday 14 August, 2:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    One positive from tonight is that it will be pretty hard for us to finish below fifth now, meaning we're unlikely to face Richmond in an elimination final (though I guess Carlton could win, and Essendon might pull something out of the fire against the Tigers). I think the Tigers are being over-rated by some of the media (certainly in terms of their chances of going all the way) but they do have the weapons to trouble most teams on their day.

Secondly, if we win on Sunday and match up against Melbourne in round one of the finals - wherever the game is - we go in against a team that's just had a soft kill. If you look at Melbourne's recent form, they've thrashed Brisbane twice, but otherwise they lost to Collingwood and the Dogs (a mediocre side) and only just fell over the line against Carlton. I guess there was a strong result against Freo in there too. While Melbourne looked very impressive tonight, I'm no more "scared" of them that I was before. They just have something that turns Brisbane to jelly.

Finally, the margin we now need to win by to secure second is so large that I don't think the team will start thinking about it until they're far enough ahead that the game is well and truly won.
    the jelly was contested possession. They frightened the bjeevers out of the Lions

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    One positive from tonight is that it will be pretty hard for us to finish below fifth now, meaning we're unlikely to face Richmond in an elimination final (though I guess Carlton could win, and Essendon might pull something out of the fire against the Tigers). I think the Tigers are being over-rated by some of the media (certainly in terms of their chances of going all the way) but they do have the weapons to trouble most teams on their day.

Secondly, if we win on Sunday and match up against Melbourne in round one of the finals - wherever the game is - we go in against a team that's just had a soft kill. If you look at Melbourne's recent form, they've thrashed Brisbane twice, but otherwise they lost to Collingwood and the Dogs (a mediocre side) and only just fell over the line against Carlton. I guess there was a strong result against Freo in there too. While Melbourne looked very impressive tonight, I'm no more "scared" of them that I was before. They just have something that turns Brisbane to jelly.

Finally, the margin we now need to win by to secure second is so large that I don't think the team will start thinking about it until they're far enough ahead that the game is well and truly won.
    The other positive is not having to explain to my twin daughters that I can't attend their 21st celebrations coz I couldn't possibly miss a home Swans final.

Suspended by the MRP
    Nervous , not sure about this 22 we 've named , St kilda are good on their day .Must win

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Nervous , not sure about this 22 we 've named , St kilda are good on their day .Must win
    It's the same 22 that has won a few games in a row now.....having said that, I'm nervous too but I always am no matter who we play.

On one side we have the Swans with a full list and everything to play for. On the other side we have a team with several regulars out with injury and nothing to play for.

Anything can happen, but if we can't win this one, do we even deserve to be in the finals?

To lose, we would have to be really terrible and very unlucky. But we also know this combination is not all that unusual in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    The same 22 that has basically played most of the last month or so.....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Just in.....

NO LATE CHANGES

MEDICAL SUBS
    St Kilda: Dean Kent
    Sydney: Sam Wicks

Senior Player
    The score the Swans will need to finish second based on each St Kilda score between 40-80.

https://twitter.com/maxlaughton/stat...1P5lXNsiA&s=19

Get the win first, then worry about percentage later.

Buckle up everyone

we are going into HYPERDRIVE !!!!!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Indoors at Marvel, I expect our slick ball movement to be a bit too much for the Saints today, with Gulden, McInerney, Blakey, etc, providing some quality delivery for the forwards.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Get the win first, then worry about percentage later.
    Absolutely! GO BLOODS!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast