Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans fined for Covid breaches.

Veterans List

Swans fined for Covid breaches.

Just saw on the ABC News channel that the Swans have been fined (more than any other club) for Covid protocol breaches, ie: players submitting screenshots of other players negative RATS tests and not their own. Is it to be assumed those players may have been positve?

Quite disappointing that the club has been fined $100, 000.....more than any other club. Collingwood have been fined $50,000, Richmond and Brisbane $25,000 with St Kilda hit with a 'suspended' $25,000 fine.

Our club is not perfect.....but I still say close to it. Having said that, lift your game Swans. We don't need these off field distractions so close to the finals.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 16th August 2022 at 08:27 PM.

Veterans List
    I just read the article. That is very poor behaviour by the players and/or staff. To be fined $100,000 it must have been multiple breaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    We got the biggest fine for COVID-19 protocol breaches. Twice that of the next club, and four times the amount of the next.

Swans, Pies among five clubs sanctioned for COVID breaches
    The article lacks any detail as to why. Any know why we copped a bigger fine?

Happy and I know it
    The club has issued a statement. Sydney Swans statement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Just saw on the ABC News channel that the Swans have been fined (more than any other club) for Covid protocol breaches, ie: players submitting screenshots of other players negative RATS tests and not their own. Is it to be assumed those players may have been positve?
    Didn't someone foreshadow that we had RATbags at the club? Is this what he meant?

I feel bad for the boys. They are probably finding it hard to afford their own RAT without some COLA help.

Good on the players for putting a positive spin on some negativity. Or is that a negative spin on some positivity. Whatever. At least they're sharing. It's a tightly knit group.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    More infringements I guess.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    The club has issued a statement. Sydney Swans statement
    A good statement....short and sweet with adequate contrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Didn't someone foreshadow that we had RATbags at the club? Is this what he meant?

I feel bad for the boys. They are probably finding it hard to afford their own RAT without some COLA help.

Good on the players for putting a positive spin on some negativity. Or is that a negative spin on some positivity. Whatever. At least they're sharing. It's a tightly knit group.
    Well played,sir.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    COLA
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    More infringements I guess.
    For not having enough RAT tests, which have proven to be a unreliable test. I be happy when GIL M and his cronies are gone next year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    For not having enough RAT tests, which have proven to be a unreliable test. I be happy when GIL M and his cronies are gone next year.
    If you haven't read it, I can highly recommend Michael Warner's book The Boys Club as one you really should.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Unreliable or not, it is the expectation across the league, and you pay that overhead, or you end up with distractions like this story and a hit to the soft cap. The article doesn't go into what each club did, but it mentioned the sorts of behaviours (submitting previously submitted photos of completed RAT tests, not conducting RAT tests within the required timeframe etc), and explained the size of the fines was determined by the number/extent of the breaches of policy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast