Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Rd 23 v St Kilda @ Marvel

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Was at the game and yes it was a great goal, showed good speed and balance. One thing I did notice about him, no left foot that can get him out of trouble. He is always trying to get back on the right or trying to kick with the outside of his right foot. St Kilda had identified this and were constantly corralling him on to his left. I think teams will now have a plan when they tag him. It is something he can develop over time. He will become even more effective once he can do this.
    No dramas , most cant kick on their non preferred . Some cant kick on either

Awesome interview with Rowie. Thanks. He’s the total package .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    This what you want to see from a player with only a few minutes to go in a tight contest.
    Turning into an absolute beast with a work ethic that can’t be coached.

https://twitter.com/fansrowbottom/st...vGEksXPTH4Rhpg
    Posted elsewhere in the media thread but thought it could also be relevant to this thread.
    I am calling it now this is a future captain or co captain for our club.
    Listen to his interview and make up your own mind
    https://twitter.com/sydneyswans/stat...vGEksXPTH4Rhpg
    Great examples of why Rowie is so highly rated by the club. Probably has a few ahead of him in the captaincy stakes but the leadership group is definitely on the cards and then co-captaincy (with Chad and Errol) beckons I reckon. The kid's all class.

I daresay someone has posted this before but it's worth another look: James Rowbottom CAREER HIGHLIGHTS (2019-2021) - YouTube.

His 2020 goal against the Tigers (at the Gabba) is every bit as good as that Chad goal against the Tigers in R3 2021.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I daresay someone has posted this before but it's worth another look: James Rowbottom CAREER HIGHLIGHTS (2019-2021) - YouTube.

His 2020 goal against the Tigers (at the Gabba) is every bit as good as that Chad goal against the Tigers in R3 2021.
    Nice footage. It's a reminder of that wonderful leg drive we've seen return this year, that he lacked last year with injury. One of the things that struck me most when first watching him play was his ability to accelerate both into and out of packs or contests. Not a lot of players do both. And that play against Freo at about 6.15, when he gets smashed in the air by two blokes, then handballed forward past a third for Blakey to run onto . . .

Oh - and opponents must dread it when he gets his sights on them in a tackle. He really locks on.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    This what you want to see from a player with only a few minutes to go in a tight contest.
    Turning into an absolute beast with a work ethic that can’t be coached.

https://twitter.com/fansrowbottom/st...vGEksXPTH4Rhpg
    Reminded me of O'Keefe, that set.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223