Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Australian Swans?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    What facts would they be TB? That is all pure subjective opinion. Show me the facts then that demonstrate solely Warner has 'driven us up the ladder ' or that we'd have done no good if he wasn't there? You are welcome to your subjective opinions, but drop the bull@@@@ that there are any substantial facts out there to prove it as an objective truth.

And where have I undesold anything. I am simply asking for some recognition that there are 21 other blokes out there and they are playing a team game.

Your current obsession is increasingly as nauseating as your previous character assassination campaign.
    Did i say there werent 21 others !

Apologise for saying facts then , how is this . Do you think Richmond win 3 flags without Dusty ? There is the team but you need elite talents . We have elite players . Mills is elite . He is a fantastic two way mid , i have never bagged him and never will , had captain material from day 1 . Parker has been elite over the years . Rampe was elite for his position many years . But they are not elite TALENTS . They cant do what Chad can do and very few can and these players are the ones that separate the premiers from the rest of the contenders . That is my point . I am not ignoring what others have done , im praising what Chad has done to give us the edge . Is that fair to you ,

And by the way Chad isnt the only one . I have said on repeat now that Jmac. Errol and Blakey will be of a similar level . They just arent there yet , no dramas

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    What facts would they be TB? That is all pure subjective opinion. Show me the facts then that demonstrate solely Warner has 'driven us up the ladder ' or that we'd have done no good if he wasn't there? You are welcome to your subjective opinions, but drop the bull@@@@ that there are any substantial facts out there to prove it as an objective truth.

And where have I undesold anything. I am simply asking for some recognition that there are 21 other blokes out there and they are playing a team game.

Your current obsession is increasingly as nauseating as your previous character assassination campaign.
    The thing that really annoys me about his obsession with The Chad is that we clearly had a player constantly undermined that was simply better on the weekend for us than the Chad was and even though it's no longer mentioned it grates...because of its glaring omission.

Goes up to 11
    Excellent that we've had 4 players nominated. I think Mills and Papley deserve it, but maybe Paps has missed too many games, so maybe it'll just be Mills. Regardless, all 4 nominations are well deserved, and it's good news that we should all celebrate (and try to ignore yet another thread hijacking).

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Did i say there werent 21 others !

Apologise for saying facts then , how is this . Do you think Richmond win 3 flags without Dusty ? There is the team but you need elite talents . We have elite players . Mills is elite . He is a fantastic two way mid , i have never bagged him and never will , had captain material from day 1 . Parker has been elite over the years . Rampe was elite for his position many years . But they are not elite TALENTS . They cant do what Chad can do and very few can and these players are the ones that separate the premiers from the rest of the contenders . That is my point . I am not ignoring what others have done , im praising what Chad has done to give us the edge . Is that fair to you ,

And by the way Chad isnt the only one . I have said on repeat now that Jmac. Errol and Blakey will be of a similar level . They just arent there yet , no dramas
    I have no idea if Richmond win 3 flags or not. I don't have a time machine to eliminate him from the equation and player counter history.

If I did have a time machine I'd have a lot of other better uses for it than finding that out.

Maybe they don't. But maybe they do.

After all, the hawks won 3 flags straight after losing an all time great to a rival after the first one didn't they?

I don't disagree you need elite players to be right up there. Of course you do. And maybe in some grand finals they do truly make the difference between a win and a loss.

But equally, one could mount a strong case to say that in close grand finals (hard to judge in blowouts) just as often it is actually those at the bottom end of the team that make the difference on the day.

I'd argue in 2005 and 2012 we had significantly less elite talent than our opponents. But we had the better team on the day, and in particular for 2012 the vastly better performances from the often quoted 'bottom six' and many of the lesser lights that were important cogs in the team.

There were of course moments of magic from the best - there always is. But equally there were unsung heroes, far from elite on any objective measure, but able to have elite moments when it counts most.

Looks through the history of grand finals and you'll see plenty of other examples of that too.

Anyway back on topic. Well done to all 4 our of nominees. All 4 have been judged as deserving to make the squad and deserve praise for doing so. And if any make it, they will deserve to be there, despite claims to the contrary.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mcs; 22nd August 2022 at 08:50 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Blakey, Chad and Tom Mc named in the AFLPA 22 under 22 side.

Three Swans named in 22Under22
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

No Errol ? Are they mad !

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

AFL player ratings by age.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AFLPlayer...891264/photo/1

Gulden and Warner are both rated 1 for their cohorts. Blakey is 2 for his.

Senior Player
    I would take a premiership this year with no players in the final 22 All Australian. Not even one. It would be the ultimate team performance.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    No Errol ? Are they mad !
    Well said!! They were my exact thoughts. Is there some mental issues going on here.? I think he is good enough for the All Australian team.

Regular in the Side
    Gulden would have to be above Cerra and Ginnivan but they are from the big clubs.

Senior Player
    It is apparently from fan votes.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I would take a premiership this year with no players in the final 22 All Australian. Not even one. It would be the ultimate team performance.
    +1
    And you can throw the Brownlow in too.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast