Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Australian Swans?

Veterans List
    Great result, absolutely delighted for both, especially Callum who I felt deserved it but I didn't think would get picked. He's had an outstanding year (as has Isaac of course).

What a sensational endorsement for the Academy!

Chad making the top 44 squad was an extraordinary achievement for a third year player - his time will come!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    And Heeney on the interchange. Brilliant. He’s a genius.
    Yes....yes he is.

Isaac Heeney 150 Games Highlights - YouTube

Veterans List
    Congratulations Callum & Isaac, both had outstanding years. Cue grumbling about the academy advantage!

This year it seems they've broken away from the same old players and actually chosen the players who have had influence even if they are not household names.

Connor Rozee has been outstanding for Port, an insightful selection, and what about Crows naughty boy discard Stengle, got his life on track and footy has followed.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Congratulations Callum & Isaac, both had outstanding years. Cue grumbling about the academy advantage!

This year it seems they've broken away from the same old players and actually chosen the players who have had influence even if they are not household names.

Connor Rozee has been outstanding for Port, an insightful selection, and what about Crows naughty boy discard Stengle, got his life on track and footy has followed.
    They ignored Chad . Or is he too much of a household name now

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    They ignored Chad . Or is he too much of a household name now
    Maybe they feel he's too young and he will have multiple AAs when his career is done, so share it around a bit for now.

I can't believe that Fox Sports ranked Chad only 15th of the 22 that missed out.

AFL All-Australian team 2022: Winners and losers, ranking players that missed final cut, James Sicily, Tom Lynch

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Maybe they feel he's too young and he will have multiple AAs when his career is done, so share it around a bit for now.

I can't believe that Fox Sports ranked Chad only 15th of the 22 that missed out.

AFL All-Australian team 2022: Winners and losers, ranking players that missed final cut, James Sicily, Tom Lynch
    Bizarre rankings. I didn't expect Chad to make the team, and you couldn't take out anyone who did make it for him, but to say that Papley was more unlucky not to make the final team????

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Bizarre rankings. I didn't expect Chad to make the team, and you couldn't take out anyone who did make it for him, but to say that Papley was more unlucky not to make the final team????
    I'm just glad Chad signed that new contract before seeing that he was ranked higher than Josh Kelly.

Senior Player
    I think the AA squad is very reasonable. Chad is a superstar and will get future selections, but you compare his numbers (21 disposals) to say Brayshaw (28-29 disposals, 6 tackles) or that of Oliver, Miller or Neale and it is a substantial difference for a midfielder. I guess you might argue if he should be picked ahead of Cripps or Rozee, but you would have plenty who would disagree. They even had to stick Petracca as a forward.

I am very pleased though that Mills and Heeney were recognised!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Mills named on the wing in the AA. The AA treatment of wingers is amusing, but I don’t care: Mills has just been unbelievable this year. He deserves the guernsey.
    Mills has been playing quite a bit of time as a wingman in the second half of the season so it isn’t as bad as the other AA “wingman” Touk Miller who I’m sure has never played there

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Mills has been playing quite a bit of time as a wingman in the second half of the season so it isn’t as bad as the other AA “wingman” Touk Miller who I’m sure has never played there
    They quoted stat Miller has played only 2% as Wingman this season compared to Mills at 20%

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    With Hawkins being named captain last night, it reminded me of one of my favourite Buddy quotes the year he was named captain in 2018.

Nine's Wide World of Sports, Match Results & Live Scores
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    What are the criteria for being named AA captain? Best player overall? Best leader? Nicest player? Cleanest tribunal record? Random draw?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast