Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: All-Australian Swans?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Thank you for acknowledging i didnt say that .I would never say anything critical about Millsy ever . I knew he would be a captain of this great club from day 1 , i stuck up for him when everyone i knew said it was wrong to give #14 to a kid who hasnt debuted yet , i said you will eat your words , he is a champion .
    I appreciate you weren't on here back when Mills was given the number 14, so you're not referring to people on here. But whoever you were talking to that said Mills didn't deserve number 14 was a weirdo, and everyone on here was delighted with it.

A fun little nuggest about his talent, and how Swans insiders regarded him. At the end of the 2014 season, Horse was giving one of his presos to the Board and was asked about Mills, who was heading into his draft year in 2015. When asked how good he really was, Horse told them that right then, more than a full year out, he would have been playing first 22 in the seniors if he was available. And that's a side that took us to the minor premiership and a grand final.
    Last edited by i'm-uninformed2; 25th August 2022 at 07:21 PM.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I appreciate you weren't on here back when Mills was given the number 14, so you're not referring to people on here. But whoever you were talking to that said Mills didn't deserve number 14 was a weirdo, and everyone on here was delighted with it.

A fun little nuggest about his talent, and how Swans insiders regarded him. At the end of the 2014 season, Horse was giving one of his presos to the Board and was asked about Mills, who was heading into his draft year in 2015. When asked how good he really was, Horse told them that right then, more than a full year out, he would have been playing be first 22 in the seniors if he was available. And that's a side that took us to the minor premiership and a grand final.
    Yes , some are made differently .

Thats ridiculous , i have never said they dont have value . Heeney is a fantastic talent but goes missing too much and Mills is the best two way mid in the comp but his 2nd half of the yr wasnt as good as the first , he gave more opportunities to Chad . I am pleased for them as they are hard working LOCAL players ,it is unfair to say i dont see their value so take that back please .
    I'm starting Bangalore Swans and you are the same one...he used to say take it back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Yet another thread hijacking .

It's such a shame you've taken wonderful news and dragged it downhill looking for yet more petty arguments. Seriously why do it? Just leave it.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by 0918330512 View Post
    After so many posts identifying The Chad as the second coming, I’m now convinced that it wasn’t even Kinnear Beatson who identified Warner’s talent - clearly others knew about it probably at his conception. So you’d have a better chance of convincing a flat earther that the earth is round. Once he’s named AA, Brownlow medalist, Australian of the year and the Prime Minister not everything will be about Chad.
    I think if one reads the New Testament carefully, there are passages which one can now see foretell the coming of The Chad.

I think it only appropriate that we henceforth refer to Him as He.

Regular in the Side
    Yes , some are made differently .
    matt80 reincarnated

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Great result, absolutely delighted for both, especially Callum who I felt deserved it but I didn't think would get picked. He's had an outstanding year (as has Isaac of course).

What a sensational endorsement for the Academy!
    That's the really important point here. I wish people would focus on that rather than the internecine squabbling.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    That's the really important point here. I wish people would focus on that rather than the internecine squabbling.
    here here

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    mmm... is this what the founding fathers and mothers of RWO had in mind all those years ago?
    Well, if they wanted this site to be a reflection of a society with lots of different personalities and lots of different opinions that discusses and occasionally debates and even argues....then yes.

If it was started by wannabe mods who dreamt of a perfect world....then no.

I often dream of a perfect world.....but then I remember that it's inhabited by humans. Of course I'm not suggesting that as a collective, we don't try to achieve this ideal but it's always going to be a bumpy ride. Same with this fan site......it's just the nature of humans.

Also, I find the 'behaviour coaching' that rears it head on here every time people have a lively debate as painful as the behaviour that is being tut-tutted. Possibly more.....

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well, if they wanted this site to be a reflection of a society with lots of different personalities and lots of different opinions that discusses and occasionally debates and even argues....then yes.

If it was started by wannabe mods who dreamt of a perfect world....then no.

I often dream of a perfect world.....but then I remember that it's inhabited by humans. Of course I'm not suggesting that as a collective, we don't try to achieve this ideal but it's always going to be a bumpy ride. Same with this fan site......it's just the nature of humans.

Also, I find the 'behaviour coaching' that rears it head on here every time people have a lively debate as painful as the behaviour that is being tut-tutted. Possibly more.....
    Nicely said stevoswan. It'd be seriously boring if we all spoke robotically in unison. A forum without diverse, passionate and robust points of view would be purposeless

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Yes RWO is a site with "lots of different personalities and lots of different opinions that discusses and occasionally debates and even argues". That is exactly what it is.

For those who continually take issue with being moderated, here is the Oxford Dictionary definition of 'moderation' - the avoidance of excess or extremes, especially in one's behaviour or political opinions. The job of moderators is to apply this.

When the mods are repeatedly asked to explain in great detail why they moderated a post, then 'behaviour coaching' is probably how they will start sounding.

RWO isn't here to be anyone's perfect world.

And yet again, here is a perfectly good thread that has been derailed, and not by the moderators!

[EDITED as I now see Steve's point thanks. The above point still stands for the broader issue at play so will leave the edited post right here]
    Last edited by Danzar; 28th August 2022 at 01:14 PM.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Goes up to 11
    A hearty congratulations to Callum and Isaac for making the All Australian team. A great achievement and worth posting about in this thread which is, funnily enough, about the AA nominations and award winners.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678