Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Qualifying Final vs Melbourne, at MCG on Friday 2 September, 7.50pm AEST

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Oh , just that the downside often sticks more than the upside: like that’s the mob that dysfunctional Essendon beat .
    Any team that underestimates us will do so to their detriment. We're the real deal this year and I would think there wouldn't be any team wanting to come up against us in a final.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    Was def Ill disciplined - had just won a free kick on the wing and went after the player that gave the free kick away. Was surprised it wasn't reversed...something upset him but he has form in those brain fades.
    I'm also critical of Wicks when he is undisciplined, however in this case he was smashed in the head so he can be excused for his reaction.

Senior Player
    Do the others teams (considering our steady improvement in the second half of H&A especially the quiet growth of the youngsters) still under-rate the Swans as an opponent?
    Well I hope so. They can slack off if they want and find themselves six goals down at quarter time.

Suspended by the MRP
    Longmire on 360 , was raving about Chad and how he will go against the demons midfield . He cant take the smile off his face when he talks about Chad .

A bit like me !

Our best is good enough against any team

But I always like to contemplate how would you defeat the Swans?

For me I like our backline but you could argue that if Melbourne rotate their talls on us and it is dead even in the midfield battle we will be under too much pressure in a finals game on the MCG.

Gawn and Jackson floating into our back line at a higher frequency is probably our weakest area to counter.

Oh , just that the downside often sticks more than the upside: like that’s the mob that dysfunctional Essendon beat .
    The Injectors weren’t dysfunctional that day! We played them into a bit of form.😊

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Longmire on 360 , was raving about Chad and how he will go against the demons midfield . He cant take the smile off his face when he talks about Chad .

A bit like me !
    Thanks TB- we didn’t know you felt like this about Chad!😊

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Our best is good enough against any team…for me I like our backline but you could argue that if Melbourne rotate their talls on us and it is dead even in the midfield battle we will be under too much pressure in a finals game on the MCG.
    If they get clearance dominance like Saints we’re in deep do-do.

But… I think the extra week off will be good for us this time around. Our last 2 months have been way beyond what I was expecting, & I can understand us being a bit sloppy in the last game as we’ve had some amazing wins against quality teams & difficult to keep up that effort week-on-week.

Looking forward to a cracking game knowing that a loss won’t be the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    The Injectors weren’t dysfunctional that day! We played them into a bit of form.
    We kept them in it with awful goal kicking. Should’ve been 42 points in front at 3/4 time.
    Not at our best, but should have won comprehensively.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post

A bit like me !
    I remember after the Fremantle game Longmire's reaction when Chad walked into the rooms. He was the last player and the smile on Longmire's face grew bigger and he gave him a huge bear hug! I love watching Longmire react like this because he is normally so reserved.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I remember after the Fremantle game Longmire's reaction when Chad walked into the rooms. He was the last player and the smile on Longmire's face grew bigger and he gave him a huge bear hug! I love watching Longmire react like this because he is normally so reserved.
    He is a favourite of Longmires and for good reason . He is a star and will be AA by the end of the night .

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    FWIW, Mills finished top 10 in the coaches association award, which I personally rate as the premium award. What a sensational result.

(And for those who speculated in the absence of public results, yes, Rowie polled big votes in the last two rounds.)
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast