Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Qualifying Final vs Melbourne, at MCG on Friday 2 September, 7.50pm AEST

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Make of this what you will, I was talking to someone in Melbourne's inner sanctum today and his quote was the they would have preferred to play any other team than the Swans.
    We've got 'em worried!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    And I spoke to some Melbourne-mad friends of mine last night and they said they'd rather play us at the SCG. They're worried about playing us on their home ground!
    I spoke to some American friends yesterday.

They had no idea what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    And I spoke to some Melbourne-mad friends of mine last night and they said they'd rather play us at the SCG. They're worried about playing us on their home ground!
    That's hilarious!

They should be scared of us. I think we're a great chance of beating them.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    We will beat Melbourne.
    Big call. It wouldn’t surprise me if we did. Or if we lost

Melbourne’s form is hard to judge, particularly because of the two games where they destroyed the Lions. And looked ominous, whereas they’ve looked anything but in other games.
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 27th August 2022 at 02:51 PM.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Big call. It wouldn’t surprise me if we did. Or if we lost

Melbourne’s form is hard to judge, particularly because of the two games where they destroyed the Lions. And looked ominous, whereas they’ll looked anything but in other games.
    Agree Melbourne have been shaky over the past few months. They did look good against the Lions but the Lions were pathetic that night. We have the team to beat them but we'll have to execute a very smart game plan

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I’ve managed to wrangle my work so I’ll be going to the game but trying to book tickets there are only nose bleed seats left.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get better ones or is it close to a sell out? (I’m only looking for 2x)

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I’ve managed to wrangle my work so I’ll be going to the game but trying to book tickets there are only nose bleed seats left.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get better ones or is it close to a sell out? (I’m only looking for 2x)
    I suspect there will be a huge presence of Dees’ supporters as they were starved of live finals last year (due to Covid). So nose bleed seats might be all you can get at this stage.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post

I got two great seats in the medallion club area via gumtree when we came down for the Melbourne game for about 100 each and they were very good seats.
    I just had a quick look and I think the same bloke is selling a couple for next week

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I got two great seats in the medallion club area via gumtree when we came down for the Melbourne game for about 100 each and they were very good seats.
    I just had a quick look and I think the same bloke is selling a couple for next week
    Sometimes try Ebay too I find!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips, just got some off gumtree

I went to every final we played in 2012 so let’s hope it’s a good omen

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Goal Sneak, I agree with Molly dooker. Clarke is a bruise free player. To his credit he has absolutely maximized what he has and has a solid role in the team. Ronke, Wicks and Campbell all have way more upside, but none have been able to really harness their talents like Clarke. Ronke is a wonderful crumbing forward with an electric ability to sneak goals. Wicks when he is fully in form can do everything clarke does but also has an ability to be electric and is a hard competitor, Campbell is just elite, silky smooth and always has time. I imagine if any of those three could sort themselves out they would be in the team above clarke any day. But again, full credit to clarke. He has earnt his spot. I do worry though in the tough physical environment of finals whether he can stand up. We saw Sinclair run off him pretty easily last week. Opposition teams will now have studied his tagging approach and will be adjusting.
    I just don't see that class you speak of in Wicks, he's tough he puts pressure on but to me he resembles an energiser battery that could do with a little more propping and changing direction, just a single step the other way and just taking a little more time and giving himself more time in order to make the right dish off choices .

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    I just don't see that class you speak of in Wicks, he's tough he puts pressure on but to me he resembles an energiser battery that could do with a little more propping and changing direction, just a single step the other way and just taking a little more time and giving himself more time in order to make the right dish off choices .
    Wicks shouldn’t be considered at this stage- not good enough. Clarke can do a better job at tagging and doesn’t make me as nervous. Maybe Ronke if we do make a change?

Suspended by the MRP
    what does Gus have to do to be considered ? if its about age that is crap , have we forgotten what Chad and Errol were doing in their 2nd , 3rd games.?

He has got the talent and he will work hard , that is what you need in finals .

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast