Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFLW 2022 R1: Swans vs St Kilda 5.10pm Saturday 27 August

Despite the loss that was thoroughly enjoyable. Thought the Swanettes played with skill and flair but were out done by a more experienced team.

Definitely won themselves a fan!

Good signs from Swans women. Look well coached trying to play attractive footy With only a very short pre-season to learn as a squad in this their first year, plenty of improvement seems likely,

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Despite the loss that was thoroughly enjoyable. Thought the Swanettes played with skill and flair but were out done by a more experienced team.

Definitely won themselves a fan!
    And another fan here also ..just hope Montana is fine...that long kick out to the left was a beauty..really liked them throwing Cynthia Hamilton for a while into the midfield..

Enjoyed that despite the result. The team will improve significantly over time, this i just the beginning. I like the style of footy we were trying to play.

Gee hope that Montana is okay, fingers crossed. Very easy to see why she went as no 1 in the draft.

What a great crowd too - not sure NSO is a great place for footy (it really is a postage stamp ground - maybe we should play Collingwood there in the Men's footy ) but it is picturesque and a great turn out!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Great vibe, pretty ground, good and excited/supportive crowd.

Lots of the male players and coaches in attendance, as well as other staff and the Board.

I agree that Aimed Whelan was good - not a player I had really given any consideration before.

Brenna Tarrant also had many good moments.

Cynthia Hamilton has exhibited star qualities and scored goals every chance she's had so far.

The glimpses of Montana Hamilton were really exciting. Terrible news about her injury. I'm scared she's done an ACL. She seemed to feel the same way. Awful outcome if that's the case.

I hate to say it but we looked a long way off the standard of last night's Melbourne-Adelaide game. It's gonna take a few seasons before we're ready to seriously contend I fear.

With the exception of Hams knee it was a wonderful night for the Club. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd live to see a Swans womens team. It's going to be a long journey to success so buckle up and enjoy the ride!

The weather cleared, rode my bicycle to the ground (not a bike rack to be found), couldn’t believe it was only $10 to get in, exuberant crowd, around 8,600.
    They were so delighted to be playing senior footy and it was terrific to see the Swans (M) players there with kids , Horse and crew lining up as they came out of the race .
    The skill level was excellent from both sides.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It looks like a pretty decent crowd in for the game. Good start in that quarter- you can see why there's so much excitement about Montana Ham, KPP/ruck size but comfortable running around in the midfield.

I didn't catch her name, but the forward with the red and white helmet looks like she's trying to stand on shoulders every time the ball goes in there.
    I think that was Cynthia Hamilton, pick 11. Decent game. Hamilton excites with spectacular first goal I liked this snap, thought it might have given us a bit of momentum coming into the last quarter but the Saints sneaked one in on the siren.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    I think that was Cynthia Hamilton, pick 11. Decent game. Hamilton excites with spectacular first goal I liked this snap, thought it might have given us a bit of momentum coming into the last quarter but the Saints sneaked one in on the siren.
    Right you are! A real excitement machine, she was hitting packs hard (and high!) from the start.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    No.1 pick cleared of ACL injury, anxious wait for Lion
    Ham does not have an ACL injury, though the exact nature of the injury is not yet known. Lions are hoping for similar news for Postlethwaite, who is playing her first game after rupturing her ACL last year.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Ham does not have an ACL injury, though the exact nature of the injury is not yet known. Lions are hoping for similar news for Postlethwaite, who is playing her first game after rupturing her ACL last year.
    Great news. Hopefully she will be able to play again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    That’s a relief. Hopefully this means her injury will heal without need for surgery.

Apart from her football career her schooling is very important this year as she is completing Year 12.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast