Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AFLW 2022 R1: Swans vs St Kilda 5.10pm Saturday 27 August

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    That’s a relief. Hopefully this means her injury will heal without need for surgery.

Apart from her football career her schooling is very important this year as she is completing Year 12.
    I know it was reported she was in high spirits after the game but to not have the worry and journey of an ACL injury in the context of her HSC year would be a nice outcome..
    Hopefully the Brisbane player gets similar good news...heartbreaking if it's ACL again

Well it felt a bit like a country footy game for the fans (8,600 odd) being able to lean over the fence and shout encouragement.
    Their skills were splendid, there were some fabulous grabs just when you thought, I don’t reckon anyone (men or women) could take that mark.
    It was a hard and willing contest and they thoroughly enjoyed their debut with so many supporters including so many from the mens team present to witness and support them .

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    That’s a relief. Hopefully this means her injury will heal without need for surgery.

Apart from her football career her schooling is very important this year as she is completing Year 12.
    Oh my goodness she's just a kid! Her performance was even more impressive given her youth. It was gut-wrenching watching her leave the ground, such a relief it isn't an ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Oh my goodness she's just a kid! Her performance was even more impressive given her youth. It was gut-wrenching watching her leave the ground, such a relief it isn't an ACL.
    But a very mature kid/young woman with a clear view of her goals. Article below has quotes from before the season started, so pre her knee injury.

“Every Friday I’ll fly up to Sydney and do Friday and Saturday trainings here at the club before flying back for school.

“I have a really good support network around me, and my school (Overnewton Anglican Community College) has been great as well.

“They’ve helped me strike the right footy-school balance and obviously school comes first. Scott is so understanding of that.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...df59de2a5bc4a9

AFLW 2022 R1: Swans vs St Kilda 5.10pm Saturday 27 August

From the Swans AFLW injury report: all players who played Round 1 are expected to be available for Round 2 with the exception of Montana Ham.

Montana suffered a right knee ligament strain and has commenced a rehabilitation program. It is expected she will be likely to return to play in 4 weeks.

I assume she is doing rehabilitation back home in Melbourne but that wasn’t made explicit.

Ah, just read that Montana was going to school today so she must be back in Melbourne.
    Last edited by Meg; 31st August 2022 at 12:55 AM.

They've only released this footage of the players receiving their jumpers last Friday pre-game now: Swans receive their first guernsey (sydneyswans.com.au). It's brilliant!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    They've only released this footage of the players receiving their jumpers last Friday pre-game now: Swans receive their first guernsey (sydneyswans.com.au). It's brilliant!
    Made me quite weepy! Wonderful to see how much this means to these young women.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234