Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFLW 2022 R1: Swans vs St Kilda 5.10pm Saturday 27 August

Veteran Site Admin

AFLW 2022 R1: Swans vs St Kilda 5.10pm Saturday 27 August

The first ever Swans AFLW team has been named. Our first three selections in the draft will all make their debuts for the club.

SYDNEY

B: E.Heads 12 G.Lawson-Tavan 24
    HB: S.Hurley 25 B.Smith 11 S.Skinner 15
    C: L.Steane 21 B.Lochland - C 1 M.Eastman 9
    HF: S.Dargan 5 M.Ham 18 B.Tarrant 20
    F: R.Privitelli 19 A.Hamilton 30
    Foll: A.Morphett 7 A.Newman 16 A.Woodward 13
    I/C: P.Sheppard 4 B.Kennedy 2 A.Whelan 22 L.Szigeti 28 C.Hamilton 10

Emerg: K.Reynolds 0 S.Ford 3 Z.Hurrell 17

SATURDAY TEAMS: Debuts galore as expansion sides unveil top draft picks

In fact, all the team is making their debut for the club! And many will be playing their first AFLW game to boot! I think that all of Ella Heads, Genevieve Lawson-Tavan, Sarah Skinner, Paige Sheppard, Molly Eastman and Aimee Whelan will be playing their first ever AFLW games. So exciting! Many of these players have also grown up barracking for the Swans which makes it extra-thrilling for them e.g. Alana Woodward, the Hamiltons. Apparently Maddy Collier represented the Swans once before in an exhibition match a few years ago.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

A lot of women there with something to prove. It will be interesting to see how they play. Not sure Mon Hams spends too much time at CHF. It should be a close game but the Saints will start favourites.
    Last edited by aardvark; 26th August 2022 at 07:46 PM.

I'm really looking forward to watching the Swans battle the Saints this weekend. It's going to take me a while to remember all the players' names and numbers, but how exciting is it? We've waited a while to get our own team in the AFLW competition. I hope out ladies enjoy every moment of it!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    A lot of women there with something to prove. It will be interesting to see how they play. Not sure Mon Hams spends too much time at CHF. It should be a close game but the Saints will start favourites.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of our players have been named in positions different to those they will play.

Veterans List
    I upgraded my membership to game entry but my digital ticket in the Swans app says "redeem only". Any idea wha that means?

Veteran Site Admin
    I'm completely confused by the membership / game access. I bought a standard membership (the $75 one) primarily to support the club financially. It's really hard to tell from what appeared in my wallet and even from the email I received from the club what I am actually entitled to. I had no intention to going to NSO today, so it's no big deal. But I'll probably try and get along to the SCG game, and maybe the Henson Park one, depending on what else is going on around then.

I haven't fully succeeded redeeming my ticket either - you have to go via ticketmaster (which entail getting a login and password etc ). However, I can advise that the process is much simpler for the AFL game (and other larger venues) and you can just flash your barcode like when entering for men's games (from your phone or whatever).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I think if you follow instructions included at this link you can access AFLW tickets.

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/match...U2MDYxMDcxNAS2

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I upgraded my membership to game entry but my digital ticket in the Swans app says "redeem only". Any idea wha that means?
    I think ‘redeem’ means you have the rights to a ticket but need to go through same process as if you were buying a ticket to access it. See instructions at link I posted above.

They need to do this for small capacity grounds to ensure there are not too many tickets sold. It won’t be necessary at the SCG (as even in our wildest dreams I don’t imagine we expect 44,000 spectators at a Swans AFLW match).

Can you just rock up to the game at NSO today and get in , or is it a sellout ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Can you just rock up to the game at NSO today and get in , or is it a sellout ?
    You need a ticket.

Purchase (or redeem for AFLW members) through Ticketmaster. Follow link I posted earlier.

Last time I looked there were still GA standing room tickets available.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast