Thread: Pre drinks 1st Final

Pre drinks 1st Final

Hey guys,
    Going to my first swans game at the G, is there a pub nearby that the swanie supporters go to for pre drinks?

I'm not sure about pre-game, because it's not especially close to the G, but the Riser (The Rising Sun) in South Melbourne is a spiritual home for bloods supporters I believe (but I'm Sydney based so not the best person to get your mail from).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I'm not sure about pre-game, because it's not especially close to the G, but the Riser (The Rising Sun) in South Melbourne is a spiritual home for bloods supporters I believe (but I'm Sydney based so not the best person to get your mail from).
    You're absolutely right bloodspirit ! The Rising Sun in South Melbourne is the home for Bloods fans and there's lots of fantastic framed photos of South Melbourne/Sydney Swans legends on the walls! There's sure to be other Swans fans there Newyswan if you go!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    As a Melbourne resident, I would say that there is not one pub near the MCG that I could recommend. The Cricketers Arms in Punt Rd is probably the closest to the ground but its pretty ordinary. If you're coming from the CBD I would suggest the historic Young and Jacksons or Transport Bar which are both right near Flinders St Train Station and a 20 minute walk or short tram ride to the ground. Another reasonable option is the Duke of Wellington in Flinders St. Its a bit closer to the ground but does become quite crowded and noisy with supporters of both teams. Personally, I will be meeting my friends pre-game for a fine Italian pasta and Sangoveise wine at Rocella which is relatively close to the ground but you need to pre-book. Enjoy the game!