Thread: The "How Do I?" thread

Pushing for Selection

The "How Do I?" thread

Mods. Is there any method for me to block or not see the posts of a particular person.
    Not sure if this was the correct place to put my query but didn't know where else to do so.
    Thank you and Cheer Cheer

Quote Originally Posted by COB View Post
    Mods. Is there any method for me to block or not see the posts of a particular person.
    Not sure if this was the correct place to put my query but didn't know where else to do so.
    Thank you and Cheer Cheer
    Yup. Tap on the persons name (next to one of their annoying posts). Tap on view profile. Under their name (top left corner) is “Add to ignore list”. Tap on that.

But it only works if you are logged in. If you’re viewing without logging in, you get everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    Wrong!!

- - - Updated - - -
    Wrong!! Again!!

Empirical evidence that two wrongs don’t make a right!
    Last edited by 0918330512; 30th August 2022 at 10:20 PM.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by 0918330512 View Post
    Yup. Tap on the persons name (next to one of their annoying posts). Tap on view profile. Under their name (top left corner) is “Add to ignore list”. Tap on that.

But it only works if you are logged in. If you’re viewing without logging in, you get everything.
    Many thanks

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by 0918330512 View Post

Unfortunately, even if you are logged in, you are still exposed to posts written by someone you have already ignored as other posters often reply with"Quote"of the ignored posts. I have ignored one poster but still read lots of his posts inadvertently.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Unfortunately, even if you are logged in, you are still exposed to posts written by someone you have already ignored as other posters often reply with"Quote"of the ignored posts. I have ignored one poster but still read lots of his posts inadvertently.
    I now see what you mean but probably no way around that and in my case still better than seeing their numerous original posts.

Veteran Site Admin

The "How Do I?" thread

I've moved a question and answer that popped up in another thread to here. I figured it makes sense to have a place where people can ask questions about site functionality without disrupting the flow of topical threads.

Hi Liz, when I click "view profile" the optio to ignore posts is not there. It does, however, offer to add this person as a friend. That is not desired in this instance. I am using a Samsung phone, could it be a problem at my end? Cheers BR

Veteran Site Admin
    No idea. As a moderator, ignoring or befriending people isn't really an option.

I'm sure someone else will be able to provide an answer.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    Hi Liz, when I click "view profile" the optio to ignore posts is not there. It does, however, offer to add this person as a friend. That is not desired in this instance. I am using a Samsung phone, could it be a problem at my end? Cheers BR
    You have to be logged in and click on the 'Full Site' located at bottom of each page. I only use a Samsung phone so that isn't won't be a problem.

Indeed they did. COB to the rescue, thanks bud. The full site option at the bottom of the screen gave me access to more menu options.

Now my love affair with JR can continue unabated. Cheer, cheer.

Veteran Site Admin
    "Reply with Quote" not working for you? If you just see the "thinking sign" when you hit the RWQ button, trying hitting it a second time. Usually does the trick.

There is further discussion of this in the forum issues/bugs stickied thread at the top of the forum.