Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: Qualifying Final vs Melbourne Demons @ MCG Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I see it the same as you. McInerney did his job on Langdon. His work off the ball is superb. It is when he gets the ball that there is an issue currently. Fortunately, we have seen a body of work previously which indicates that this could be a slump and not a constant. Personally, I'd prefer to keep him in the team. Cunningham has not played wing for years and it would be crazy to plug him in there now after winning 8 straight.
    I remember a play v Collingwood when JMac took possession in the back pocket dodged through traffic with such aplomb that it looked artistic rather athletic. I believe his disposals have let him down recently and maybe his tackling is less than perfect but his ability to cover the ground and assist both forward and back, to offer a target when the switch is on and be reliable under the pressure has not diminished.

Reply to Auntie Gerald (For some reason, the reply with quote is not working on this posting).

That's a very interesting piece of information regarding defensive pressure. I've been on this case all year and the footy media have been highlighting pressure like never before, and by a wide margin.

One day, an AI program will be developed that will 'watch' every game and work out the best strategies for a variety of situations. It will teach itself to be the best head coach in the game, like Alpha Go did with the board game Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Reply to Auntie Gerald (For some reason, the reply with quote is not working on this posting).

That's a very interesting piece of information regarding defensive pressure. I've been on this case all year and the footy media have been highlighting pressure like never before, and by a wide margin.

One day, an AI program will be developed that will 'watch' every game and work out the best strategies for a variety of situations. It will teach itself to be the best head coach in the game, like Alpha Go did with the board game Go.
    Horse has been talking about the importance of pressure for years and years. I can remember him answering interview questions like "What makes a good game of footy?" in years gone by, by saying "pressure" (as opposed to, say, "goals"). Just as, after Ronke's celebrated 7 goal game against Hawthorn, Horse was at pains to emphasise that Ronke had laid 10 tackles which were just as important. He also consistently talks about it as the bedrock of our game and that everything else seems to flow once we succeed in applying a high level of pressure.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    I had a bit of spare time time this arvo to watch the replay...again. James Rowbottom had a fantastic game. He went from contest to contest, and while his stats were impressive with 8 tackles, it was his strong body work in close with many 1%ers that stood out. The goal Heeney kicked in the last quarter came from a JR play at the back of the centre square, he mongrels the ball forward then in the blink of an eye he is at the front of the pack to take possession to then do an underground pass to Heeney.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445