Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Qualifying Final vs Melbourne Demons @ MCG Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 0918330512 View Post
    Throw in some covid close contact for the team 2 days before. Not enough to make them I’ll, just isolate
    And the winning team having to deal with a nightclub incident or two, after some misguided celebrating.

Senior Player
    And then on Thursday next week the AFL steps in and reverses the result and our new Prelim opponents barely make it to the SCG, all
    looking like Zaine Cordy after a couple days of Mad Monday drinking. We win our Prelim 311-2.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    And then on Thursday next week the AFL steps in and reverses the result and our new Prelim opponents barely make it to the SCG, all
    looking like Zaine Cordy after a couple days of Mad Monday drinking. We win our Prelim 311-2.
    I was unaware of Cordy's efforts, so I had to look up the pics. In his defence, there's probably a grave need to wipe the Bulldogs second half performance from his memory.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I was unaware of Cordy's efforts, so I had to look up the pics. In his defence, there's probably a grave need to wipe the Bulldogs second half performance from his memory.
    I'm just not sure you can drink that sort of thing away though. I'm sure they tried to blot out the second half of the 2021 GF in the same
    fashion and where did that get them? I think it might be time to get on the reality bus and disband the entire footy club. They can't rely on
    the umpires anymore. What chance do they have when they are only winning the free kick counts by single digit numbers. And now
    they have leading morals campaigners like Matthew Lloyd questioning the conduct of their players in public. Maybe it's just not
    worth going on any longer as a club.
    Last edited by KTigers; 8th September 2022 at 10:02 AM.

A Clockwork Purple technique might be the treatment of choice.

I'm just not sure you can drink that sort of thing away though. I'm sure they tried to blot out the second half of the 2021 GF in the same
    fashion and where did that get them? I think it might be time to get on the reality bus and disband the entire footy club. They can't rely on
    the umpires anymore. What chance do they have when they are only winning the free kick counts by single digit numbers. And now
    they have leading morals campaigners like Matthew Lloyd questioning the conduct of their players in public. Maybe it's just not
    I must admit, when I saw his team mates trying to help Cordy off the ground, I was reminded of some of Lloyd's more elaborate staging efforts.

Senior Player
    I must admit, when I saw his team mates trying to help Cordy off the ground, I was reminded of some of Lloyd's more elaborate staging efforts.
    It's possible of course that Cordy's state outside of the pub was a Bulldogs Mad Monday free kick staging reenactment gone wrong.
    He mistook the pavement for the turf at Marvel.

It's possible of course that Cordy's state outside of the pub was a Bulldogs Mad Monday free kick staging reenactment gone wrong.
    🤣 Classic

I thought defenders were taught to stay on their feet.

I think the Swans cans straighten him out. He's a UFA this year. We should pick him up to replace Melican, who we will trade to the Bulldogs to take Cordy's place. We can probably get a 3rd round pick out of it, which will be the compo pick the Bulldogs get for losing Cordy.

I love the way the AFL creates draft picks out of thin air.

This was a huge win. The desperation was incredible. So much pressure. Some of the kicks were sublime.

Bud looks shot. Soon see next week. If he fails again maybe it's time.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

The Dogs mids are lazy. They run very fast with the ball. But as soon as they turn it over they lope. They most certainly do not chase. That would be far too much to expect

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

In the Barcelona Football Junior Academy they focus on a stack of drills to minimise turnover impact

They reviewed a stack of Football games and found that if u can create high pressure in numbers and force a turnover within 3 seconds u have nullified 80% of all goals.

So thy have drills to win the ball back within 3 seconds via high pressure defensive drills

So yep two way running and high pressure footy has been a huge part of our success this season and appears always will be in multiple codes of football ⚽️ 😀