Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: AFL (non-Swans) off-season moves - 2022 edition

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Sheedy continues to crap over his own club, and reveal it to be a dysfunctional mess

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    For a while now I have suggested to bomber mates that it is time to put Sheedy out to pasture. They aren't interested in that idea at all. Their lords and saviours are Sheedy and Hird.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    For a while now I have suggested to bomber mates that it is time to put Sheedy out to pasture. They aren't interested in that idea at all. Their lords and saviours are Sheedy and Hird.
    Weird club that won't move on from its past

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Weird club that won't move on from its past
    I think the past is all the Bombers have right now. I wonder how long Brad Scott will last. But I guess he'll get his
    payout then sit around for another couple years till the next desperate club rings him. The blokes gotta eat I
    suppose. I geuss you can't blame him.
    Last edited by KTigers; 30th September 2022 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I reckon the AFL will try and prevent Bowes and pick 7 getting to the Cats. It’s a bad look in a premiership year.
    Endless dollars down at the cattery the list of potential incoming players is astonishing

Henry
    Brahn
    Bowes
    mckenna

3 former first round picks and one of the best half backs from a few years ago .
    Imagine if Sydney were trying to pull this off , we would be banned for ten years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Endless dollars down at the cattery the list of potential incoming players is astonishing

Henry
    Brahn
    Bowes
    mckenna

3 former first round picks and one of the best half backs from a few years ago .
    Imagine if Sydney were trying to pull this off , we would be banned for ten years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ridiculous. Anyway, if I am Collingwood, sadly in need of forward craft, I'd dig in and say no to trading Henry. He's gonna be a star.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

The Geelong sombrero now bigger than ever. They'll come out and tell us next week that Selwood was on $2 million a year hahaha

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    The Geelong sombrero now bigger than ever.

Veterans List
    Ridiculous. Anyway, if I am Collingwood, sadly in need of forward craft, I'd dig in and say no to trading Henry. He's gonna be a star.
    Pies have offered Henry a low contract extension, probably because of the cap squeeze. Geelong boy then eyes the wealth on offer at the Cattery and sticks his hand up for some of that. Pies have precipitated the requested move.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Pies have offered Henry a low contract extension, probably because of the cap squeeze. Geelong boy then eyes the wealth on offer at the Cattery and sticks his hand up for some of that. Pies have precipitated the requested move.
    He's also looking at Ash Johnson, who took was preferred in the team in the back-end of the season, plus the Pies (slightly strange, IMO) decision to target McStay during the free agency period, and realises he'll have to fight for a spot in the Pies team.

Whether he gets many opportunities at Geelong is another matter. It may, in part, depend on how long Gary Rohan keeps going. But while Rohan's possession/goal contribution to the Cats team is inconsistent, he does at least chase and apply pressure. Stuff I've read from Pies fans suggests that Henry (and Ash Johnson) aren't too keen on the pressure stuff.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Essendon is apparently going to announce Brad Scott in the next 24 hours as coach.

He only applied for the job on Tuesday, and did one presentation, and I suuspect there's been bugger all due diligence done.

Now, I think he did a good job at a struggling club with a just ok list. But to race to such a monumental decision is exactly why Essendon are such a crap club in the first place.
    Essendon has a long history of taking short cuts, the drugs scandal was only the most recent, they have also been caught and penalised more times than any other club for salary cap breaches.
    The intellectual property that Brad brings from his previous job at the AFL should not to be completely discounted as a factor in his appointment to the Essendon job.
    What a rubbish club.

I hear GWS 's tanner bruan is going to Geelong. He was selected with the best pick they got when Jeremy Cameron went to Geelong.
    Extreme!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And Horne-Francis has requested to go home. Norf should say a flat no, but they won’t exist as a club in 10 years.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say