Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: AFL (non-Swans) off-season moves - 2022 edition

What a load of crap. LolNorf do not deserve priority picks or extra list spots. Stop picking up dud players!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Gee, being a 'mastercoach' must hold some sway. Clarkson must have had another coffee with Gil!

AFL announces draft picks assistance package for North Melbourne

+ extra list spots.
    It's really not such a big assistance package. It's not anything that's going to bring any star players to the club. I'd give them Melican, Bell or Ronke for their 3td round pick, or all 3 for their 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's really not such a big assistance package. It's not anything that's going to bring any star players to the club. I'd give them Melican, Bell or Ronke for their 3td round pick, or all 3 for their 2nd.
    I'm not sure that they would be interested in any of those guys, Ludwig, but I would not at all be surprised if they make/have made a sizeable offer to Lloyd which may explain why he has deferred re-signing to post-season? Cunningham is another one that may be of interest to them and is out of contract from memory.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The second round pick will already be pegged for Fremantle for Logue, so yes, they’re not getting much more with the third.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The second round pick will already be pegged for Fremantle for Logue, so yes, they’re not getting much more with the third.
    A future 2nd for an out-of-contract Logue seems unders.

Lloyd would only net us a compo pick depending on the size of the contract he was offered.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Leaving aside the dispicable Hawks - the AFL has changed the rules and now allows Salary Dumps
    It might be good for North, that's certainly how it's being spun - but it'll also please the Magpies and maybe the the Tigers.
    Buddy's mega 9 year contract was the reason the AFL was blocking salary dumps like this - so I can't help wondering whether it's now allowable because he's completed the mega deal and re-signed for another year.
    Wouldn't want to inconvenience any Melbourne clubs.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Leaving aside the dispicable Hawks - the AFL has changed the rules and now allows Salary Dumps
    It might be good for North, that's certainly how it's being spun - but it'll also please the Magpies and maybe the the Tigers.
    Buddy's mega 9 year contract was the reason the AFL was blocking salary dumps like this - so I can't help wondering whether it's now allowable because he's completed the mega deal and re-signed for another year.
    Wouldn't want to inconvenience any Melbourne clubs.
    Don't wonder IT IS because it now suits a big Vic club like Collingwood out of their salary cap problem. Remember Buddy's RFA contract was set in stone for 9 years but after Daniher got a big two year contract that netted big Vic club Essendon pick 7 compo, the AFL has quietly allowed Brisbane to rejig Danihers RFA contract over more years - corrupt.

The AFL is as corrupt and comprimised as you imagine. Everyone should read The Boys Club by Michael Warner

Will the “situation” at North and Brisbane have any impact on trading and drafting I wonder?

I can imagine Clarko is not the drawcard he was 24 hours ago,

Which makes me a bit uncomfortable as he’s denied the allegations and has a right to defend himself

And if there are 2 coaching vacancies, will Essendon get anyone now - except Hird

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Some interesting ideas, but no club would accept 7 and 18 for pick 1 as that is massive unders. 7 and 14 is still too far.

I recall scenarios last year were around 4 and 7 for 1?
    North are going to have to split pick 1 to get griffen Logue in . I think 7 and 18 or 14 is pretty close since pick 1 is really going to be Brisbane bound anyway and there is no clear pick 2 atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clubs seem to be putting up negligible resistance to player requests to be traded. Contract or no contract, it hardly seems to matter. Free agency is all but a joke now. Clubs are just accepting that their player gets to his destination and they will get the best deal they can. That's it.

This situation is extremely detrimental to non-Victorian clubs, especially GWS and GC. Lucky that the Swans have cultivated a destination club environment and a good alternative to get out of pressure cooker towns.

I reiterate that the AFL have to do something about this. The inequities are growing too large.
    Yes, it’s a concern. Especially since caps seem to be a farce these days. The brown-baggers are back in force and it’ll be the death of expansion clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Very true. I think it's notable that there is coverage in the papers today suggesting if Logue leaves, Freo won't let Lobb leave. We'll see if it is posturing or for real, but it suggests they know losing too many talls at once leaves their list unbalanced. I personally think Lobb is overrated and a mercenary who's been amazingly overpaid during his career, but would love to see the Dogs denied a preferred target. So, go Freo.
    Freo better off without him. Make them pay overs and get what you can get. Overrated mercenary is spot on!

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast