Not sure if I have any strong preferences on who wins the weekend's semis? In tonight's game, I can see that Brisbane winning would be beneficial for our draft pick that's tied to Melbourne. But on the other hand, we seem to have the measure of Melbourne, so if we get to the grand final, then they could be our ideal opponents? So, since I'm probably a neutral, then I hope that it's a high quality game that's enjoyable for uncommitted. The sort of game where commentators like to pontificate that, "football was the winner".

The other game, I'm possibly leaning towards Fremantle. I mean, I've had enough of the plucky Collingwood narrative, so it would be nice if they went out in straight sets. But one the other hand, seeing them knocked out next week would be a whole lot of fun. Actually, what I'm probably hoping for, is the sort of game where there's an early and flagrant bit of foul play, that turns the contest into an ugly collection of cheap shots and all in brawls. The sort of game that leaves the AFL no option, but to hand out a large number of suspensions. And the sort of game, where the only sensible opinion would be, "football was the loser, but the Swans were the winner".