Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Finals week 2: knock yourselves out.

Extraordinary turnaround tonight. A lot of Dees soul-searching needed. Cats will pump Brisbane next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Red eye from this week, but scratch mark from last week.
    You’re probably right there. He always looks like he’s been in a scrap.

Melbourne should have put them away earlier - but I’m sort of glad they didn’t. Geelong could struggle next week too - they don’t deal well with weeks off. Brisbane could be in a GF when we all thought they were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    So we traded Jordan Dawson for Pick # 14. I'm not so upset now about the defection. There will be some good players available at that pick.
    A good result in that respect. I’m more excited about a possible pick #18. That would be something!

Pick #18 is the most prized pick of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    If the tracker data is correct, Brisbane outran them 287.5 km to 271.6. Which is an even bigger margin than last week. Which makes me wonder if Melbourne have generally added a bit too much muscle, at the expense of endurance? As in, extra bulk is handy for winning contested ball, but you don't see too many beefed up distance runners.
    They had Darren Burgess last year.

Veterans List
    Oliver instigated the incident. He had his forearm across Berry's throat with his face to the ground. Berry could only use his hand to get Oliver off him. Berry gave him a bit of a towelling after that incident.
    One passenger that stood out for Melbourne was Viney, as he was last week. Looks good against lesser teams but melted under pressure with Brisbane players playing to his left hand side. Even when he is clear going forward he is looking for a handpass rather than further afield.
    One comment made before the game was that they were sore after last week but were ok on the day. I suspect they had more than one player carrying injuries.

Senior Player
    I think Melbourne sagged in the second half partly because of the roughing up they got from us last week. But overall they are not
    the Demons of last year. Berry was huge in the second half and hopefully gets off. Gotta say Charlie Cameron has to be one of the
    best players in footy to watch do his stuff. Man, he can motor.

Viney is slow and has poor disposal.
    But what alarmed me was the realisation that Melbourne aren't that good. Which means we aren't as good as we thought after week one.

Also, go freo. A non Melbourne final 4 would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Viney is slow and has poor disposal.
    But what alarmed me was the realisation that Melbourne aren't that good. Which means we aren't as good as we thought after week one.

Also, go freo. A non Melbourne final 4 would be great.
    Melbourne blew a lot of chances when they had the momentum, and the energy. After half-time they were clearly running on empty, but if they’d taken even a couple of those chances, several of which didn’t even score, they’d likely have won. I was pretty sure they were going to lose when May started berating his teammates in the third quarter. At the time they were still in front.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Oliver instigated the incident. He had his forearm across Berry's throat with his face to the ground. Berry could only use his hand to get Oliver off him. Berry gave him a bit of a towelling after that incident...
    I hope Berry gets off. It looks like he was just trying to defend himself and as soon as he makes contact with Oliver's face his hand moves away. Definitely no gouging occurred.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

He’ll get off .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I hope Berry gets off. It looks like he was just trying to defend himself and as soon as he makes contact with Oliver's face his hand moves away. Definitely no gouging occurred.
    I thought BT's commentary of this incident was absolutely appalling....screaming "there's absolutely no question what Berry was trying to do there!"

Irresponsible Vic bias commentary.....basically imploring the MRP to suspend him. I hope and suspect he will get off....and he should. He was absolutely provoked by Oliver for no reason other than a great tackle.