Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Prelim Final: Swans vs Collingwood 4.45pm Sat 17 September SCG

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Last week they were up against one of the weakest defensive teams in the league, so a comeback then was more likely. Collingwood have a solid defence, so it was never going to happen again.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    I am sure Collingwood playing against Freo at MCG in front of fans means that advantage itself is worth 2 goals.
    There are a few players at Collingwood who are game changers and they are the ones who need a role on. De Goey, Elliott, Daicos both, Moore, Sidebottom and Pendlebury. I think we can easily cover Moore, Sidebottom, Josh Daicos. The ones who would be harder to cover this time around would be Nick, de Goey and Elliott.
    It will be closer than last time. And the first 2 quarters are where they will try and come smashing. We will need to withstand the pressure and Buddy will be important.

Veteran Site Admin
    I've moved some posts from the "other finals" match day discussion to this new thread to consolidate the discussion about our challenge next weekend.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    All the bookies have us $1.40, Pies $3.00
    Ludicrous.
    Pies supporters will be piling into the $3. Those odds won't last that long.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    For what its worth I thought Fremantle were very average last night. I lost count how many marks Rory Lobb dropped last night and there did not seem a lot of system in their forward structure. I know its silly to be confident against a team that plays well in Sydney and finds a way to win the close ones, but I think the bookies have the odds about right for Sydney at $1.40 to $1.50.

I do believe we are better organised.
    I do believe we are harder at the ball.
    I do believe we will start slow because of the week off. Hope NOT though.
    I think there backs are good and train with some very quick players.
    I think our mids are better.
    Are we matched up down back.. maybe..
    De gooey is a problem , Ginnivan is good.
    The Swans play as a team now which is half the battle.
    We will win because the Swans are a team-first this year.. they trust each other and have a plan and have brought into the Horse - Pike systems.
    Go Swans.

I was at the Pies game last night and they were very impressive. They really should have won by a lot more.

The key to me was that the Collingwood defense was right on top most of the night. Freo, despite their pace and good midfield, were unable to generate any run and carry into the forward line. This meant their forward entries were slow and shallow.

The Pies looked far more threatening going forward as players like DeGoey and Crisp were able to break the lines.

Turning to next week, we will have to bring the heat - pressure, pressure, pressure. Make their key backs like Moore accountable, and neutralise players like De Goey and the Daicos boys. Our forward line is more dangerous than Freo and our defensive game is better. We are a good matchup to the Pies' game plan. We can win, and should win, provided we start well.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see how the Pies change things after the last game against us.

We really strangled their ball movement in the same way we did against Melbourne. We moved the ball slowly and methodically keeping our defensive shape as we went so turnovers weren’t costly.

I’m expecting a big game from Heeney who I think is the matchup that will trouble their defence the most.

Mills to take De Goey, and I’d back him to do a similar job to the one he did on Dangerfield. Strong enough to handle him and a smart defender that will block his running patterns and curtail his dynamism.

Veterans List
    I was really pissed off last night listening to SEN after midnight. A Collingwood supporter rang up and there was discussion about the huge crowd last night and then talk moved on to the crowd at the Prelim and the Collingwood supporter said we "have no soul". What a load of crap! I was so furious 😤. He obviously watched their last game against us on mute. Same with the Qualifying Final.

I really really really hope we smash them and he sees what "souless" is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was really pissed off last night listening to SEN after midnight. A Collingwood supporter rang up and there was discussion about the huge crowd last night and then talk moved on to the crowd at the Prelim and the Collingwood supporter said we "have no soul". What a load of crap! I was so furious 😤. He obviously watched their last game against us on mute. Same with the Qualifying Final.

I really really really hope we smash them and he sees what "souless" is like.
    To be fair, the SCG has an over representation of brown shoe/collared shirt types with brand new Swans scarves who use the footy as an entree before a night out in Paddington or Surry Hills. Unfortunately the atmosphere is pretty tame and really only lifts in the last quarter if the scores are close. Whether this is a result of the brown shoe brigade or the booming music after goals is hard to say.

Being down in Melbourne for the game last Friday was awesome. THAT was an atmosphere and one that I would love the SCG to have consistently.

Love them or hate them, the Pies crowd create a brilliant atmosphere for their team, one we can only dream of.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Bloody Darcy....."there's such a magical story unfolding this year with the Magpies".....I'm getting vibes of 2016.

I bet we get Stevic next week, "one of the best in the business" as Darcy predictably said again tonight to satisfy his 'contractual obligation'. Gee he's a plonker.
    Please I hope not. Doesn't seem right that he would umpire two matches in a row with the Pies, and both Swans finals, when they could put him on the Cats-Lions match where he has umpired neither.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Bloody Darcy....."there's such a magical story unfolding this year with the Magpies".....I'm getting vibes of 2016.

I bet we get Stevic next week, "one of the best in the business" as Darcy predictably said again tonight to satisfy his 'contractual obligation'. Gee he's a plonker.
    It's bizarre, he literally says 'best in the business' every single time Stevic umpires, without fail.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    To be fair, the SCG has an over representation of brown shoe/collared shirt types with brand new Swans scarves who use the footy as an entree before a night out in Paddington or Surry Hills. Unfortunately the atmosphere is pretty tame and really only lifts in the last quarter if the scores are close. Whether this is a result of the brown shoe brigade or the booming music after goals is hard to say.

Being down in Melbourne for the game last Friday was awesome. THAT was an atmosphere and one that I would love the SCG to have consistently.

Love them or hate them, the Pies crowd create a brilliant atmosphere for their team, one we can only dream of.
    Agree, it's hard to replicate the deep splintering MCG roar you get with Pies matches.

Ours is more of an ear-shattering scream, but only in moments, not the whole game. It's different. Imagine what that would be like for a full four quarters though.

One day. Our crowd engagement has been a lot better this year. I really noticed it against the Tigers in round 11 earlier this year.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast