Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 3: hopefully the last other game of the season.

Finals Week 3: hopefully the last other game of the season.

If we win this week, then obviously we're in the only game of next week, if not, it's an other game. So, let's just hope that tonight's clash between Brisbane and Geelong is the final other game of the season.

I have a slight preference for the underdog Brisbane. Mainly because I'm a touch suspicious of how Geelong seem to have a salary sombrero, rather than a cap. But on the other hand, this season, we've beat Geelong and lost to Brisbane, so maybe Geelong is a better match up. Either way, the high stakes of the match should see an enjoyable game.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Despite the results, earlier in the season, if we make it I reckon we're a better chance against Brisbane, but I don't really care and just want to get onto tomorrow's game.

So it's a dunk in the pool this arvo and ribs on the BBQ tonight to celebrate the fact the belting warm weather is settling in for the next week here, then sit back with some booze and hope they belt the living bejeezus out of each other.

And thanks for running this thread each week. Always very enjoyable and humourous.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I’m in favour of the AFL equivalent of a mass extinction event tonight:

Selwood getting concussed ducking into a tackle, Cameron pings a hammy, Dangerfield gets wrongly convicted by the MRO/C etc

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    If we win this week, then obviously we're in the only game of next week, if not, it's an other game. So, let's just hope that tonight's clash between Brisbane and Geelong is the final other game of the season.

I have a slight preference for the underdog Brisbane. Mainly because I'm a touch suspicious of how Geelong seem to have a salary sombrero, rather than a cap. But on the other hand, this season, we've beat Geelong and lost to Brisbane, so maybe Geelong is a better match up. Either way, the high stakes of the match should see an enjoyable game.
    Salary sombrero - love it!!

Don't really mind who wins tonight because we can beat either team in the GF. Much more worried about tomorrow. Collingwood are very good and the game's being officiated by 2 of the umpires who murdered us in the 2016 GF!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’m in favour of the AFL equivalent of a mass extinction event tonight:

Selwood getting concussed ducking into a tackle, Cameron pings a hammy, Dangerfield gets wrongly convicted by the MRO/C etc
    Yes, I was thinking along those lines, but that only really works if we beat Collingwood the next day. Although I suppose I should have more faith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Despite the results, earlier in the season, if we make it I reckon we're a better chance against Brisbane, but I don't really care and just want to get onto tomorrow's game.

So it's a dunk in the pool this arvo and ribs on the BBQ tonight to celebrate the fact the belting warm weather is settling in for the next week here, then sit back with some booze and hope they belt the living bejeezus out of each other.

And thanks for running this thread each week. Always very enjoyable and humourous.
    Ta, generally I enjoy starting it. Although at times, I do get a bit over myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Salary sombrero - love it!!

Don't really mind who wins tonight because we can beat either team in the GF. Much more worried about tomorrow. Collingwood are very good and the game's being officiated by 2 of the umpires who murdered us in the 2016 GF!
    I can't claim 'salary sombrero' as my own.

Geelong or Brisbane? Which team does the Swans prefer?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Will be fascinated to watch Cameron tonight. Remember watching him in his second year when he kicked 60 goals in a side of kids getting slaughtered every week and specifically a game against Collingwood when he kicked 7, and thinking this guy could be the next Buddy.

He never got that good, and he’s been superb this year. But it’s time to deliver tonight.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Couldn't care less who wins to be honest. If we make it, I am confident we are good enough to match and hopefully beat either team.

Would love Brissy to win it to open up a Brissy Sydney grand final possibility, but Geelong if they are anywhere near their best will win. And that would open up a real feel of 2012 if we make it - no 1 on ladder, overwhelming favourite against the plucky interstaters.

Plenty of sore bodies please for whoever wins!

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Couldn't care less who wins to be honest. If we make it, I am confident we are good enough to match and hopefully beat either team.

Would love Brissy to win it to open up a Brissy Sydney grand final possibility, but Geelong if they are anywhere near their best will win. And that would open up a real feel of 2012 if we make it - no 1 on ladder, overwhelming favourite against the plucky interstaters.

Plenty of sore bodies please for whoever wins!

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    Don’t count your chickens yet

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I was thinking along those lines, but that only really works if we beat Collingwood the next day.
    I agree. Definitely don’t want to get ahead of myself either.

If Collingwood are as good as their PR suggests it’s a foregone conclusion.

I won a bet with a Pies supporter during the home and away season, where his penance was wearing my #RampeRobe for a day.

But I didn’t collect … it now feels like the wrong time to do so.

I’m still adjusting to Gary “mister Finals” Rohan

Why do we have all VIC based commentators and umpires when it’s meant to be a national competition?

It’s a VIC echo chamber

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast