Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Prelim Final: Swans vs Collingwood 4.45pm Sat 17 September SCG

Prelim Final: Swans vs Collingwood 4.45pm Sat 17 September SCG

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    De Goey is really hard to tackle. He didn't play against us last time did he?
    Could be a big challenge for Rowbottom next week to keep him quiet.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    De Goey is really hard to tackle. He didn't play against us last time did he?
    No, he didn't and the guinea pig went off injured. We've got the job ahead of us!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post

And we'll have to be at our best to knock them off. I hate to admit it but they're good.
    They are relentless for sure.....but Freo aren't us. We are even more relentless.....but yes, we will have to be 'on'.

I'm confident we will be.

Veterans List
    Bloody Darcy....."there's such a magical story unfolding this year with the Magpies".....I'm getting vibes of 2016.

I bet we get Stevic next week, "one of the best in the business" as Darcy predictably said again tonight to satisfy his 'contractual obligation'. Gee he's a plonker.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    McLaughlin: "The Magpies fairytale season continues." That word is getting mentioned too much.....piss off!

Time to give them a nightmare.
    The best way to silence these biased nutbags is to bring the heat. Have faith in our Swans. If we play our best, we'll be in a granny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    The best way to silence these biased nutbags is to bring the heat. Have faith in our Swans. If we play our best, we'll be in a granny.
    I hope the boys are ready for next weekend.... pies will be one @@@@ing tough task.... they had a free hit at the scg 3 weeks ago and will be well prepared for our game style.... what worries me is cox was abale to kill richmonds 3 peat with a game he has never replicated since.

We deserve to be in the big dance, but we dont always get what we deserve.

I know im glass half full, but after what Gill and his cronies did to us in 2016, i find it hard to think he wont @@@@ us again in his last year in charge.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Could be a big challenge for Rowbottom next week to keep him quiet.
    I reckon Mills will get the job, at least to start with. He's taller and has more wiry strength. And will require De Goey to pay him some respect. Then it will be over to Rowbottom, Parker and Warner to win the clearances themselves, because when Freo did win the ball out of the middle, the Pies' defence didn't look so robust. And hopefully we learn from last week against Melbourne and bring the ball in messily and get it to ground so that our smaller guys can go to work.

On the veteran's list
    All the bookies have us $1.40, Pies $3.00
    Ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    I hope the boys are ready for next weekend.... pies will be one @@@@ing tough task.... they had a free hit at the scg 3 weeks ago and will be well prepared for our game style.... what worries me is cox was abale to kill richmonds 3 peat with a game he has never replicated since.

We deserve to be in the big dance, but we dont always get what we deserve.

I know im glass half full, but after what Gill and his cronies did to us in 2016, i find it hard to think he wont @@@@ us again in his last year in charge.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    God please don’t

This depresses me too much

AFL crafting a narrative rather than letting games happen

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    All the bookies have us $1.40, Pies $3.00
    Ludicrous.
    Well the opening odds are a reflection of where the bookmaking companies think the money will go initially.
    We are the favourites, more money will go on us at first and they don't want to have to pay out too much.
    The starting odds are not a reflection of our actual chances or even what the bookmakers think our actual
    chances are. That would be more like us $1.80/them $2.20.
    Fremantle were poor last night. Us at home (where we are 9-and-2 this year) is a whole different story.
    Gamble responsibly even though the bookmaking companies want you to do the opposite.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I reckon Mills will get the job, at least to start with. He's taller and has more wiry strength. And will require De Goey to pay him some respect. Then it will be over to Rowbottom, Parker and Warner to win the clearances themselves, because when Freo did win the ball out of the middle, the Pies' defence didn't look so robust. And hopefully we learn from last week against Melbourne and bring the ball in messily and get it to ground so that our smaller guys can go to work.
    Yes, last week at one stage I was almost hoping Longmire would tell the mids to deliberately kick the ball to open ground.
    Tall defenders like May or Lever are never going to win a footrace against Papley or Gulden....
    Last edited by KTigers; 11th September 2022 at 06:52 AM.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This. Plus watching the Pies mark and rebound out of defence all night, it’s easier to do against Jay Amiss and Lachie Schulz and Rory Lobb than it will be against Paps, Heeney, Reid, Buddy and co.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast