Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Final - Saturday 24 September, 2:30 PM at MCG

Quote Originally Posted by bloodbrother View Post
    Haven't posted for a longtime but have been on RWO for years now .My take , we have the cats for legspeed,marking ability and kicking .Last week was the perfect build up , like a horse before the Melbourne Cup .I believe our contested possession pressure will overawe them .Only thing i wish to see is fair umpiring both ways and us to kick straight when the chances come .Agree with the above comments about Logan being unfortunate but totally understand why they have done it, swans by 32 points.
    Yes, speed and according to the tracker data, endurance. That is, in most of our games we ran more kilometres than our opponents; especially the wins. While Geelong consistently covered less distance than their opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    Let’s be positive. There is another day to be excited and soak it in. After that, what happens, happens.

The coaches have an impossible task and there is no ‘sliding doors’ magic to answer the ‘what ifs’. 6 years ago selecting Sam Reid for the grand final could have been a master stroke or an embarrassing gamble - we’ll never know.

I’m less nervous than in the days heading into the prelim. We play the MCG well these days and beating Geelong is a habit (Call the Royal Commission because we are going to commit some elder abuse)
    I tend to agree.
    Although disappointed for McDonald, unless he can get a clear run at the ball he’s not physically capable of battling it out with the bigger-bodied Geelong defence at the moment. McLean offers a more even contest, and is more likely to be able to bring the ball to the ground. He can also ruck, which McDonald can’t.
    I am also less nervous this week; whatever happens tomorrow, our season has been phenomenal.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    McLean is an interesting in. He's not as good a ruck as Amarty, he's not as good below his knees, he's not as quick. But his luck limitations are less important against the Geelong "rucks" than most other teams. Some have suggested he's in for his marking ability, in that he's more consistent than Logan or Amarty.
    On the other hand I'm remembering games against Brisbane, and another team, when he was given a tagging role on the oppositions best intercept maker and nullified then completely - and thinking Stewart may be the target.

Veterans List
    I'm on the way to the parade 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    McLean is an interesting in. He's not as good a ruck as Amarty, he's not as good below his knees, he's not as quick. But his luck limitations are less important against the Geelong "rucks" than most other teams. Some have suggested he's in for his marking ability, in that he's more consistent than Logan or Amarty.
    On the other hand I'm remembering games against Brisbane, and another team, when he was given a tagging role on the oppositions best intercept maker and nullified then completely - and thinking Stewart may be the target.
    Maybe that is the selectors’ plan. Do you think he can do both (second ruck and nullifying forward) or is it a singular role?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm on the way to the parade 🙂
    Hopefully the Water Rescue Squad or whatever they are called are on hand. What happens if the boats our team are on spring a
    leak or hit an iceberg or something. Is there a protocol on who gets saved first? Is it Bud and Parker and Mills and co, or is it
    women and children first, the runners and physios and the kids like Gulden and Campbell?

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    ... As for Logan, he has been a passenger so far this finals series and doesn’t deserve to play. ...
    I don't think so, just because he hasn't been targeted doesn't make him a passenger. His defensive efforts against the Dees were impressive. Not something I see McLean doing.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    My guess is the coaches saw something in Logan's running patterns and ability to make contests in the game against the Pies that they didn't like and suggested he was tiring, particularly if they need the third forward to have capacity to cover whatever limits there might be on Reid.

At the start of the year, I said a 15-game, 25-goal season would be a natural progression for him as a second year KPF. He's over achieved slightly on games, and slighty unders on goals. But he's tracking beautifully and his game continued to develop over the course of the season.

I'm gutted for him, but have absolute faith in what he'll ultimately deliver for us.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Hopefully the Water Rescue Squad or whatever they are called are on hand. What happens if the boats our team are on spring a
    leak or hit an iceberg or something. Is there a protocol on who gets saved first? Is it Bud and Parker and Mills and co, or is it
    women and children first, the runners and physios and the kids like Gulden and Campbell?
    I'm standing near the MCG where the cars will be driving, so I won't be able to see if anyone drowns! At least we know Swans can swim 🦢. Cats on the other hand!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    McLean has fantastic endurance a is a strong competitor. He has the ability to worry their backs with his strong marking and accurate kicking. Not as good a ruck as Amartey, but as others have said, Geelong's rucks are no world beaters. His inclusion hedges our bets with Reid who is iffy if selected. He is the replacement if he is not selected. It had to be done and was the right inclusion.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Another thought (and I’m a big fan of Logan), but if this was mid year and we had changed a fwd who didn’t touch the ball in a 1st half for a guy who kicked 4 in the VFL in their last game - no one would be all that fussed I would’ve thought

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    McLean has fantastic endurance a is a strong competitor. He has the ability to worry their backs with his strong marking and accurate kicking. Not as good a ruck as Amartey, but as others have said, Geelong's rucks are no world beaters. His inclusion hedges our bets with Reid who is iffy if selected. He is the replacement if he is not selected. It had to be done and was the right inclusion.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    He is also a strong physical presence who will serve it up to the Cats key defenders. Invaluable in a young team. Only 23 but physically imposing.