Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Final - Saturday 24 September, 2:30 PM at MCG

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    It's a bit of a worry that 2nd time they were confronted by Clarke, both Sinclair and now Daicos have gotten lose.
    Did he tag a Cat when we played earlier in the season, and if so, who?
    He wasn't in the team in round 2. Back then a senior spot must have felt like a distant dream, let alone a senior spot in a grand final team.

I think Clarke was still quite effective in quelling Daicos in the first half. He didn't really get free until moved further up the ground later in the game.

There maybe isn't quite such an obvious match up for Clarke in the Geelong side. It's their spread of mobile aerial marking power in their backline that springboards their rebound. I did wonder whether Longmire might make the cruel choice to change up the side for this reason, but after listening to his comments about Clarke in his post-match press-conference, I doubt that's going to happen. And Clarke did a few nice things with ball in hand yesterday. Maybe with growing confidence of his place in the team he can deliver a bit more offensively.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Yes it's turning out to be one hell of a price to pay for his stupid act. If we win he misses out on a flag, if we lose - it'd be hard to escape the guilt.
    It'll either be the making or the ruination of the man.
    I am uncertain as to when Ladhams can return. If next year the VFL starts later than the AFL then does Ladhams need to sit out a further VFL week. If so it will be a harsh penalty stretching into next year depending on when the VFL season starts. I have seen some commentators of the opinion that an AFL match counts as a VFL match if there is no VFL that week. It is a bit of a weird situation. Ladhams thoroughly deserved what he is getting but what he is getting seems a bit open ended.

The issue with replacing Reid is that Amartey is the better ruck but big 'buckets' McLean is the better forward. Reid can do both.

I would go Amartey.

it will be fascinating to line up matchups

I thought BJ under the circumstances looked really sharp last night.....but you would guess we need to be able to negate opposition flow and cover for an injured Hickey in a GF...........so for me Amartey is probably the answer to cover ruck, both ends of the ground as a tall if required
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    it will be fascinating to line up matchups

I thought BJ under the circumstances looked really sharp last night.....but you would guess we need to be able to negate opposition flow and cover for an injured Hickey in a GF...........so for me Amartey is probably the answer to cover ruck, both ends of the ground as a tall if required
    Both medical subs will be activated in GF I would have thought

Veterans List
    I wonder who will be presenting the cup if we win?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He wasn't in the team in round 2. Back then a senior spot must have felt like a distant dream, let alone a senior spot in a grand final team.

I think Clarke was still quite effective in quelling Daicos in the first half. He didn't really get free until moved further up the ground later in the game.

There maybe isn't quite such an obvious match up for Clarke in the Geelong side. It's their spread of mobile aerial marking power in their backline that springboards their rebound. I did wonder whether Longmire might make the cruel choice to change up the side for this reason, but after listening to his comments about Clarke in his post-match press-conference, I doubt that's going to happen. And Clarke did a few nice things with ball in hand yesterday. Maybe with growing confidence of his place in the team he can deliver a bit more offensively.
    Agree. N. Daicos wasn’t a factor until moved up the ground. Even then, I was surprised by the AF points he was awarded.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Great question. So many worthy of the honour. As an old South Melbourne man, I'd like to see 1970 Brownlow Medal winner, Peter Bedford.

Amartey ahead of McLean if it comes to that, I reckon. Mostly because he is more mobile and a better ruck but he also has been marking and kicking straight this year.

I did wonder whether, assuming Reid is right to go, McDonald might be substituted. But I don't think he will be. I think Logan hasn't yet managed to be as good a marking presence or as successful at bringing the ball to ground as Amartey or McLean but he's more mobile and quick and better able to apply pressure without the ball (like Reid) and so I think he'll be preferred for that reason. Plus it will be invaluable experience for him, especially if Buddy isn't going round again, and we need to invest in him because he is our future.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Won’t happen, but would love it if Goodes was offered and agreed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Won’t happen, but would love it if Goodes was offered and agreed to do so.
    Agreed!! Can't see it happening - but imagine that!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I would love Paul Kelly to present the cup if we win

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast