Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Final - Saturday 24 September, 2:30 PM at MCG

McLean offers so much more than Amartey. If he's fit, he plays.

Such a tough call if Reidy doesn't make it up for the big game (how good is it that we will be back there). Can see advantages for either - I'd probably go with Amartey just on the basis of his athletic ability around the ground - but gee, whoever comes in just need to play their role, do their job, and put in a good shift.

Also, what if Reid is fit and we choose him - would we risk putting one of the big boys as the medical substitute, just in case?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On the veteran's list
    One advantage is Geelong don’t have monster ruckmen. Just tall athletes and easier to compete with by part timers.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

Also, what if Reid is fit and we choose him - would we risk putting one of the big boys as the medical substitute, just in case?
    That would be a risk. But they could go with either McLean or Amartey in McDonald's place so that if Reid weren't able to complete the match, they have some ruck relief available for Hickey. McDonald helped out a little bit yesterday but it's not really ideal for him at this stage of his career. Would be very tough on McDonald but having a big man as sub could be dangerous if a smaller player needed to be subbed out.

Amartey was in front of Mclean and no way Logan comes out

If Reid plays, Campbell is the sub.
    They wont assume he gets injured and a tall comes in.

If he isnt good for a whole game he wont play.

Good thing about the MCG is Buddy can play up the ground and run around and park Reid deep unless he is rucking

Bud doesnt have to be deep

Heeney is due, been below his standard

Grand Final - Saturday 24 September, 2:30 PM at MCG

Pretty cruel to Reid looks highly unlikely to get up.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...18-p5bj06.html
    Last edited by Meg; 19th September 2022 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Please follow correct procedure when attaching links.

I'm actually leaning towards McLean now myself. Just looking at the first 8 rounds where he played every game before not featuring again, he kicked at least 1 goal in every game bar the Brisbane game in round 7 were he scored 0.2.

The fact that he was just an emergency was also telling. He also kicked 4 goals in our last VFL game from memory so his recent form is a little stronger as well.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

McLean strength is his marking as a forward. And we need that more than we need a ruckman, especially against Geelong.

Suspended by the MRP
    Win please . This might be the last flag i ever see. Hope not . We are in a good place

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    On Friday, the Magpies were gifted 3 goals when Swan defenders decided not to rush a behind when it looked very much as if that would be the safer thing to do - not even Stevic would penalised any of them.
    I think it'd be a good thing if the defensive coordinator gives our backs a little revision in this area.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    On Friday, the Magpies were gifted 3 goals when Swan defenders decided not to rush a behind when it looked very much as if that would be the safer thing to do - not even Stevic would penalised any of them.
    I think it'd be a good thing if the defensive coordinator gives our backs a little revision in this area.
    Haven’t seen the replay yet so my memory is blurred by my poor vantage point on the night, but what were the 3 goals you are referring to

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Win please . This might be the last flag i ever see. Hope not . We are in a good place
    Don’t worry TB- we’re going back to back to back and then some! Come on Bloods!

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast