Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Final - Saturday 24 September, 2:30 PM at MCG

Senior Player

Grand Final - Saturday 24 September, 2:30 PM at MCG

How satisfying to put Grand Final in the post tags field!!!

Such a great effort across the year despite a couple of bad games (Port, Essendon and GC) and we just got over the line yesterday, but we made it to the GF!

Hope Reid’s injury is minor and he is fully fit to take the field as he has had a great season.

Otherwise I think Almartey gets a game as he is better as ruck relief for Hickey.

No changes elsewhere, everyone gave great effort and there were no passengers.

So exciting!!!

Veterans List
    Saturday 24th September?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Saturday 24th September?
    I've updated the thread name. Thanks for spotting and pointing out.

Reid almost definitely won't play. We all know his injury history and in the past he's missed several months with injuries similar to this.

I was leaning towards Amarty myself however I reckon that due to the fact McLean was an emergency I would think he'd have to be ahead in the pecking order at this stage.

Something to give us a little bit of promise... He kicked 4 last year in our game against the Cats!

How exciting to be back in the big dance so soon after our minor 'rebuild'. Go Swans!!!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Old Ladhams must be regretting his ill-discipline....

I’d this the right thread to ask when the results of the ballot will be revealed? Prices are already ridiculous to fly to Melbourne

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’d this the right thread to ask when the results of the ballot will be revealed? Prices are already ridiculous to fly to Melbourne
    No, there's a Finals Planning forum here: RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com.

Ballot occurs today; results published tomorrow: Grand Final Ballot Results

If Geelong only put 78 pts on the Pies in the semis a couple weeks ago and we put 95 pts on the Pies yest.......and we beat the Cats this season already.....who should be the fav next wknd?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I’ll be interested in a few match ups.

One is Clarke. My instinct is Duncan. He’s a beautiful user and runner who largely plays behind the ball these days. Clarke has the discipline and running power to stick with him. The one curveball would be if Holmes is out they may well switch Duncan back to a wing.

Two, is how they use Jack Henry and Blicavs. One of them will play defence as it’s important part of their efforts to keep Stewart a bit free.

One option would be to use Henry up forward to occupy Pat McCartin, and push Blicavs back into defence. That means we have Tom Mc on Hawkins, Ramps on Cameron, Fox on Rohan, and they use Henry to keep Pat Mc busy - and Henry can be dangerous up forward so Pat Mc will need to play him close. Meanwhile, Blicavs goes back to fill the role Henry has been playing.

The other option is they keep Henry behind the ball given the quality of our forward line. Blicavs may then get used as second ruck, as well as spend some time in the midfield tagging someone. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sent him to Parker or Chad. This seems the more likely of the two given his role as second ruck.

Whichever way they go, Henry or Blicavs are the likely candidate for Buddy.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Old Ladhams must be regretting his ill-discipline....
    Yes it's turning out to be one hell of a price to pay for his stupid act. If we win he misses out on a flag, if we lose - it'd be hard to escape the guilt.
    It'll either be the making or the ruination of the man.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I’ll be interested in a few match ups.

One is Clarke. My instinct is Duncan. He’s a beautiful user and runner who largely plays behind the ball these days. Clarke has the discipline and running power to stick with him. The one curveball would be if Holmes is out they may well switch Duncan back to a wing.
    It's a bit of a worry that 2nd time they were confronted by Clarke, both Sinclair and now Daicos have gotten lose.
    Did he tag a Cat when we played earlier in the season, and if so, who?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    It's a bit of a worry that 2nd time they were confronted by Clarke, both Sinclair and now Daicos have gotten lose.
    Did he tag a Cat when we played earlier in the season, and if so, who?
    Our Geelong win was early in the season, before Clarke was recalled as a defensive forward.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast