Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: 2022 AFL National Draft and Rookie Draft 28 & 29 November 2022

Our top20 though would look very different due to go uome factors etc vs a Vic club as an example

Hence we might not always be able to get the top end of talent immediately but over time like we saw with Dawson and if the player is patient and willing we can help them become top end talent

BTW is KB really Stewie Dew in disguise? 🥸 lol

KB is now 65 years old I believe and better watch that waist line.............he looks like he swallowed a wombat
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's nearly certain that we will add Will Edwards as a Cat B rookie.

I count that we should still have 2 spots open on our list, so a fair chance that we make a first round rookie selection..
    Given our current Ruck stocks, is it possible we could Rookie draft Sam Naismith along with Will Edwards (Cat B) today? A backup Ruck & developing KPP.

On the veteran's list
    What time is the RD?

3:20pm today online, Final lists must be lodged by 4pm tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Given our current Ruck stocks, is it possible we could Rookie draft Sam Naismith along with Will Edwards (Cat B) today? A backup Ruck & developing KPP.
    Or our recruiters might have their eye on a young ruck prospect or two, who they figure would be worth a gamble as a development prospect, without having to spend a high draft pick? While I don't have a clue who they might be, I wouldn't mind that option.

On the veteran's list
    Thanks.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Thanks dejavoodoo44

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Or our recruiters might have their eye on a young ruck prospect or two, who they figure would be worth a gamble as a development prospect, without having to spend a high draft pick? While I don't have a clue who they might be, I wouldn't mind that option.
    One of the two - Beatson, Dalrymple, can't remember which - said a day or two ago that they believed there was only one player in the U18 pool with the potential to play senior AFL ruck. Presumably that was Barnett. So I think it unlikely we'll draft a ruck today unless they've found an older someone at state level (or in the country leagues).

Quoted from Auntie Gerald:
    KB is now 65 years old I believe and better watch that waist line.............he looks like he swallowed a wombat
    Auntie! Firstly, I tried to reply to your post with the usual Reply With Quote button, but it comes up blank, which is why I had to copy and paste. It works with everyone else's posts. I wonder if other folks have the same experience. Maybe someone else can try it. And Auntie, just wondering if you can see your reflection in the mirror. Just checking all angles.

Anyway, KB is super cranky this year. He thinks no one understands him. He thinks people are trying to scam him now that he's a pensioner. If he's swallowed a wombat, I just hope it wasn't The Wombat.

On our picks: If we needed a lock down defender, what happened to Lachie Rankin, last years solution? And where is Corey Warner supposed to play. We just gave him a new contract and the first thing we did is draft 2 players to play in positions he's been training for. And what about Marc Sheather? He was playing great as a small defender this year before getting injured.

I'm liking our picks more and more. Cooper Vickery looks more a rebounding halfback than a lock down defender, but one doesn't necessarily preclude the other.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yep, I can understand that strategy. My thinking is that we only have 2 genuine prime rucks in Hickey & Ladhams, with McAndrew as the development prospect . Reid, Armatey & McLean are primarily forwards who can pinch hit in the ruck. We are vulnerable if Hickey and/or Ladhams are out injured/suspended for a considerable period.

Hence why I see rooking a seasoned Ruckman like Naismith as insurance. He was frustrated when he was delisted, as he didn't get chance to prove he had overcome his latest injury as the season had ended too quickly for him. He felt his body is strong to finally get a good stint at it. I know he is still a risk factor given his history, but not sure of any other delisted seasoned ruckman who might also fit this bill.

Naismith is going to WA following his girlfriend, Eagles Barrass's sister. She must be tall too!!!