Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast

Thread: 2022 AFL National Draft and Rookie Draft 28 & 29 November 2022

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Medium forward Jaiden Magor 185cm 79kg https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/jaiden-magor/

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Magor, can play, good pick up. His RookieMe profile is well worth a read.

Was projected to be in ND calculations in the 40's. Plenty of upside, we've gone for upside players throughout, playing the long game.

Young ruck and Magor now makes this a good draft IMO, reserves will be a great watch
    Last edited by 707; 30th November 2022 at 03:36 PM.

Our list is full. In fact, our cup runneth over. Something for everyone. Ruck lovers got their wish and Magor looks a good pick for an end of draft selection. And Magor rhymes with Cabor, who could be an academy pick next year.

The Brisbane Lions added an academy player named Shadeau Brain, so even Brian Taylor has something to cheer about. When I first saw it, I thought it was Pete Ladhams' nickname.

Regular in the Side
    When will be know of updrades from rookie list as it stands now =10.

Veterans List
    We didn't intend to take two rookies today but obviously Magor still being there meant we had to take him, just too good not to try. I'm excited by this selection

Herald Sun wrote this morning -

Jaiden Magor (South Adelaide/SA)
    The 185cm prospect entered the national draft as one of the more intriguing prospects, given his best – as an explosive, marking forward or a tough, ball-winning midfielder – was up there with any in this year’s pool.
    But an injury in the first half of the national under-18 carnival opener which sidelined him for a number of weeks, and some consistency issues, might have worked against him in the national draft.
    The talent and interest is there, however, and Magor could still find a home as a rookie

A few real surprises didn't get drafted, assume they'll all get train over summer spots with a view to clubs adding them before the 2023 season starts
    Last edited by 707; 30th November 2022 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Was projected to be in ND calculations in the 40's. Plenty of upside, we've gone for upside players throughout, playing the long game.

Young ruck and Magor now makes this a good draft IMO, reserves will be a great watch
    Doug Magor - Wikipedia

nice collection in the draft and rookies

lets get ready to rumble !!!!!!

My gut feeling is that because we have such a young group in our top30 already........ we are looking for the Dawso type 3 to 4 yr build to AFL level for our drafted players this year and last................except for Konstanty i cant really see a Snr debut in 2023 and that is no doubt in alignment with slow burn development with this handful of players

Roberts and Gus have to really pound away at their stamina and repeat sets of two way running.

Vickery probably has to bide his time and same for Warner Jnr from last years draft.

Players that can develop over time and then play their part more than adequately when ready for Snrs will be invaluable for us as it more of a chance of staying in Sydney vs go home factor also.

This is a nice evening of talent vs cap vs requirements potentially for 2 or 3 of these 5 players so far

time will tell either way..... as it always does in the end
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 30th November 2022 at 04:15 PM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Yes, after today I'm officially quite satisfied. Pleased that we picked up a developing ruck, to confirm that myself and others weren't delusional, when we were banging on about the need for more ruck depth. And now that I've done a small amount of research on Magor, I think he might be a bargain. Rookie Me said plenty of nice things, and his highlights reel suggests both a high level of skills and the ability to think quick in tight situations. Also pleased that Edwards has been given a go, as I've always thought that he's a prospect, and he gives us a bit more key position strength. Although I'm slightly disappointed that Webster has only been given a VFL contract, as I thought he was good enough to be rookie listed.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Jaiden's grandfather?

PS: Hold on, he died at 21!

What is the connection?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Jaiden's grandfather?
    Doug died in a car accident at 21, doubt he had any kids.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    My brother played with him in the Under 19s. Sad story.