Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Thread: 2022 AFL National Draft and Rookie Draft 28 & 29 November 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Actually, the numbers for NT are the best, given that they only have 1% of the population. If they had a population like Victoria, NT would have over 100 players drafted.

The Tassie representation is also good on the same basis. SA the best of the big states.
    There have been recent seasons where NT and Tassie have scored a donnut on players drafted, LW. This was a comparatively good one for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Actually, the numbers for NT are the best, given that they only have 1% of the population. If they had a population like Victoria, NT would have over 100 players drafted.

The Tassie representation is also good on the same basis. SA the best of the big states.
    The wheels are slowly turning in Tassie . There’s a few handy boys coming through next year that I would expect to get drafted . The U/16 team won the division 2 title .
    There slowly fixing the issues with having a better representation of North West players . Years gone by nearly all the training was done in Hobart with some in Launceston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brayden. Logan. Corey. Jaiden. Cooper.

What is happening to this club?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

It’s ok, we’ve also got Tom (x3), Dick (well, 2xWill anyway) and Harry.

I thought we were a bit slow getting on the Cooper and Jayden/Jaiden bandwagon. We still lack a Bailey and Phoenix.

We've had a Tyrone but still no Tyrells.

We're also a Sam down - only two left. But up to 3 x Will with Edwards joining now too.

Remarkably Jack and Scott free.

Hayden, Brayden & Jaiden really have to get together and do something in the Christmas revue. Perhaps with the Tom-Tom-Tom club to follow with some drumming.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    I do like this thread title in BF

Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Veterans List

How about the Old Testament crowd with the number of Elijahs, Joshuas and Jacobs? We were late to the party too!

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Really pisses me off that the Fox Footy and Melb media are making the Swans out as spoilers and upsetting the Draft and teams. This is war and at the end of the day, you are in the "winning" game, not playing tiddliwinks!!! Proof of our draft strategy will be measured by our win column and premierships, not being "nice guys"
    The draft strategy was not done to deliberately piss anyone in particular off. We needed to trade picks. We had to nominate F/S twice to get the trade done. Taking Vickery was not a deliberate plot to piss, Hawks off. Thry knew he was likely to go before 40 anyway. So the supposition we did it just to piss off the team we just traded picks with is just stupid supposition. It does not make sense. We picked, Vickery because we thought him the best player at that point of the draft who suited our needs.

This stupid Melbourne Media ankle kicking is a powder puff in a storm. Tomorrow they will find another interstate club to bitch about

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    How about the Old Testament crowd with the number of Elijahs, Joshuas and Jacobs? We were late to the party too!
    Well we definitely tried Joshua, and we dabbled with Elijah - but in terms of the Old Testament where are our Noahs, our Moses, our Abrahams? What do we stand for? We're having a bet every which way with our New Testament crew of Luke, Mark, and John too (although Matthew got left behind). I don't know where Caleb fits in but he sounds scriptural to me.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455