Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Hawthorn racism review

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    As much as the AFL wanted to sweep this under the carpet and make it go away.....it isn't and won't. This evenings open letter is damning.

They have again shot themselves in the foot....they are really good at doing that. They are an arrogant but ultimately very incompetent (white) boys club, that's for sure.
    I agree totally

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Yep. And there's the problem. There's this thing called the confirmation bias.
    Hang about.

My point was about the AFL and its processes. My posts on here have actually been fairly careful about avoiding sweeping statements about what did or didn’t happen regarding the particular allegations. (For example, I think Clarko is a bit of a white line lunatic, but I’m not so sure that’s the case with Fagan - so where does that leave me).

I also agree with your basic point - the three accused deserve a fair forum and opportunity to state their case.

My view however is the AFL hasn’t done that, because as always, the AFL’s sole intent is to mitigate itself against legal risk.

And forgive my suspicions when this is the administration led by Gil, who famously said he didn’t know what tanking was, Melbourne wasn’t guilty of it, then issued a batch of sanctions on them anyway.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Perhaps Burt's conscience is asserting itself? Regardless of motivation, his revelation does not put the Hawks in a good light.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Excellent post I’m-informed.

Add to the tanking issue the two year trading ban and removal of Cola, when the Swans when they had done absolutely nothing wrong in the recruitment of Buddy Franklin.

It was simply a vindictive move to appease the AFL chairman (Fitzpatrick), and the Victorian clubs who could all see ann easy way to target players in the Northern states. It was a crazy decision, and may have done irreparable damage to the development of the game, particularly in NSW.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    In management terms it's referred to as outcomes focus - my 2c is that it's just a form of corruption. It's certainly a warning sign of a toxic organisational culture.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324