Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread. THE GRAND FINAL!!! Swans v Cats.

As an aside Scott / Geelong have been derided for a decade as finals chokers, h&a only etc until today.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I know Rowbottom was a bit slow getting rid of it but it looked like he kicked it.
    I was down on the fence not far from where this incident happened. He kicked it. He kicked it effin 20 metres. I lost my mind at this point. Of course we would have lost anyway but the moment this happened I knew we were 100% screwed.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Just got back to accomodation. I’m terribly disappointed for both the team and the supporters (and selfishly myself).

It’s a real shame that we saved our very worst for the GF. They deserved better.

I probably won’t read back through this thread as I suspect it will involve a lot of knee jerk emotion.

Thanks everyone for a great season on RWO. We’ve had some ups and downs ourselves on here. I’ll probs have a break for a few weeks and then get back into list management talk. Onwards to 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    As an aside Scott / Geelong have been derided for a decade as finals chokers, h&a only etc until today.
    You can look at it two ways. Maybe we’ve replaced them. Or maybe they were until playing us. Neither is a terrific interpretation but both valid I reckon.

Anyway listening to mills, heeney and Longmire it’s a team that’s going to need a holiday away from the footy for a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I was down on the fence not far from where this incident happened. He kicked it. He kicked it effin 20 metres. I lost my mind at this point. Of course we would have lost anyway but the moment this happened I knew we were 100% screwed.

Funny - I had the same reaction a little earlier I think where Parker got done for htb when he had actually pushed the ball out from under him and people were trying to pull it from the ground. Given that we could neither get it, nor use it it felt a bit much that we were penalised when we touched it

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I don’t know that we would have picked him, but I do feel Ladhams would have been pretty handy.
    Yep, Ladhams' brain fart has cost the club dearly. If he'd been available it would have been a no brainer to bring him in for Sam Reid. To quote Brett Kirk (from the Davis Savis final), "You owe us!". Hopefully he will repay us in similar fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Funny - I had the same reaction a little earlier I think where Parker got done for htb when he had actually pushed the ball out from under him and people were trying to pull it from the ground. Given that we could neither get it, nor use it it felt a bit much that we were penalised when we touched it
    Yes, the reason I lost my mind with the Rowbottom one was because it was preceded by this, which was even worse. Lest there be any doubt, I had a magnificently clear and unobstructed view of this incident too. Parker was leaning forward but his shin was making incidental contact with the ball. A Cats player was hunched over the ball and had his hand fully on the ball. Free kick against Parker for not disposing of it. I had some richard-head in front of me explaining why this was the correct decision (I do note that according to him the correct free count would have been 2987:0 at quarter time, but he did speak authoritatively). I don't give a continental what the numbers were at the end, and I am certainly not saying this is why we lost, but to add insult to injury we were violated by the umpires today.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    It's pretty clear that we don't have the physicality to compete in the middle with all of Stanley, Blicsav, Danger there at the same time.Totally destroyed us.we could have done the same with Amartey as a ruck rover. It's something worth trying next year when we go back to the drawing boeard because they outstretched and outstrengthed us easily.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    I like this - well worth thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yep, we've been shocking but the umps have still gone along for the ride a bit today. They can't help themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

+1
    Well summarised.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    You’ve said play Gus and Roberts. I think the first will be a serious player, and the second maybe, but to suggest two guys who’ve played three games between them would be the difference today is laughable.
    Thats my point . We didnt have a premiership team and i said that all along . Once we replace the few holding us back with the good ones then we will be ready . Start by playing Gus and roberts rd 1 next year, speed things up

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Swan View Post
    My friend, there is a huge difference between a veteran team (ie 2014) blowing it and a young inexperienced team getting slapped silly. This team will learn. In 1995, the Detroit Red Wings finally made the final show after 30+ years of missing it. Got swept 4-0 in a 7 games series by the Devils...ANNIHILATED...and then came back to be a powerhouse for almost 10 more years and won 3 cups. The Cats did what a lot of teams designed to be stacked with veterans do...defer payments, take less, etc. But they are older and when it goes it goes quick. I am not "drinking the coolaid" here...I can be just as critical. This team really does have a strong future. Mills, Heeney, Blakey (who I believe will be a monster once he settles down), etc. As long as Parker and Rampe hold up (I believe they are the key cogs to victory), this team will be in the finals, and competitive in the finals, for quite some time.
    Good comment.

Regular in the Side
    I've hardly been on this forum the last 3 1/2 to 4 months. I have felt so much better watching the Swannies games. I had a look today and just remind me with all the negativity why I don't bother with this site much anymore. I know we were beaten and well beaten today but boy it is just to negative for me.