Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread. THE GRAND FINAL!!! Swans v Cats.

Regular in the Side
    Yep, those dishing out the indulgent negativity are only interested in making a splash all about themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I’m at the MCG as I type. Listening to the Geelong supporters joy.

Classy of Chris Scott to recognise Swans supporters for staying for the presentation “even though they didn’t have to”.

Ramps, I appreciate that in your articulate speech that you feel the team let the supporters down. It sounded like you choked back a tear as you said it. Not a good result today, but for session 2022, you didn’t let this supporter down. If, prior to round one you had told me that you could guarantee that I could watch my beloved Swans in a Grand Final, but couldn’t guarantee me a win, I would have taken that offer.

I have bad days at work some days. But I’m never not trying my best for my patients. I will always believe that, regardless of the result, my Swans are always giving their best. Sometimes it’s not good enough. Sometimes, like today, it’s not good enough by a long way. But I will still appreciate your efforts, Sydney, in the context of a difficult game, a surprisingly successful season overall, and a lifetime of joy despite the results sometimes. Football isn’t always about the win and the loss as far as the joy it gives me. I get joy from the Swans in many ways. Today hurts the supporters and members. But I’m sure it hurts the players and coaches more. Much more.

And like 1996, like 2006, like 2014 and 2016, the pain will pass for me - eventually - and I’ll look forward to my next opportunity to cheer you on in a grand final. Because 2005 and 2012 were two of the best days of my life. And I didn’t have to wait 72 years for the joy.

Grand Finals aren’t easy to make. And they’re even harder to win (just ask our star studded sides of the 1933-1936 who, despite fielding the best players in the competition won just 1 premiership from 4 straight grand finals). This young side achieved a lot this year. I can only hope they continue their improvement over the following years for more chances.

goswannies
    Well spoken Sir/Madam.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    I've hardly been on this forum the last 3 1/2 to 4 months. I have felt so much better watching the Swannies games. I had a look today and just remind me with all the negativity why I don't bother with this site much anymore. I know we were beaten and well beaten today but boy it is just to negative for me.
    I’m considering the same thing. There are many spoilt brats on this site unfortunately.

[QUOTE=U.S. Swan;858644]
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Let's be honest the Cats were on fire

Let's be honest, the Cats are STACKED with talent due to players demanding to go there and (legal) cap manipulation.
    Interesting. There seem to be many players independently involved in property development down that way. I am sure it's just coincidence.

I’m at the MCG as I type. Listening to the Geelong supporters joy.

Classy of Chris Scott to recognise Swans supporters for staying for the presentation “even though they didn’t have to”.

Ramps, I appreciate that in your articulate speech that you feel the team let the supporters down. It sounded like you choked back a tear as you said it. Not a good result today, but for session 2022, you didn’t let this supporter down. If, prior to round one you had told me that you could guarantee that I could watch my beloved Swans in a Grand Final, but couldn’t guarantee me a win, I would have taken that offer.

I have bad days at work some days. But I’m never not trying my best for my patients. I will always believe that, regardless of the result, my Swans are always giving their best. Sometimes it’s not good enough. Sometimes, like today, it’s not good enough by a long way. But I will still appreciate your efforts, Sydney, in the context of a difficult game, a surprisingly successful season overall, and a lifetime of joy despite the results sometimes. Football isn’t always about the win and the loss as far as the joy it gives me. I get joy from the Swans in many ways. Today hurts the supporters and members. But I’m sure it hurts the players and coaches more. Much more.

And like 1996, like 2006, like 2014 and 2016, the pain will pass for me - eventually - and I’ll look forward to my next opportunity to cheer you on in a grand final. Because 2005 and 2012 were two of the best days of my life. And I didn’t have to wait 72 years for the joy.

Grand Finals aren’t easy to make. And they’re even harder to win (just ask our star studded sides of the 1933-1936 who, despite fielding the best players in the competition won just 1 premiership from 4 straight grand finals). This young side achieved a lot this year. I can only hope they continue their improvement over the following years for more chances.

goswannies
    This!!! 👆 well said goswannies!!

yes we are all very disappointed - (I was at the MCG losses in 06 & 16 we all get how up setting it is ) but when you love & follow a team you have to accept that there will be times when they are going to be beaten by another team. Today unfortunately was that day. I’m sure that they didn’t go out intentionally to lose. The Cats were that good. Consider too their prelim was a training run, ours was really our GF - we were buggered.

These calls for Longmire to go - um sorry but these players are professional footballers, they know how to play, Longmire can’t play the game for them.

Sure be disappointed but part of being an adult is how you handle disappointment, being boorish & aggressive is not the way to go.

And when it’s all said & done - it's footy, no one died.

Bring on 2023.
    Last edited by Wardy; 25th September 2022 at 12:06 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Well spoken Sir/Madam.
    Perhaps we go with sir (though I haven’t been knighted - that was my great grand uncle), so that goswannette doesn’t get confused
    Last edited by goswannies; 25th September 2022 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I’m considering the same thing. There are many spoilt brats on this site unfortunately.
    Same here I’ve not been on here for a few months - I came back for a quick look, kind of sad that I did.

Suspended by the MRP
    We will go again next year and be better for it , im not surprised

Perhaps we go with sir, so that goswannette doesn’t get confused
    OK then. Well spoken Sir for your earlier post, the best on this entire thread. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    We will go again next year and be better for it , im not surprised
    Yep bring on 2023 What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Veterans List
    I've been debating with myself whether it's better to lose like today or if it's better to lose a close one. I guess with a bigger margin there aren't any "what ifs". Either way it still hurts like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    A mess of our doing . Was totally avoidable . This isnt our premiership 22 and i said it all year
    avoidable my arse. What would you have done differently? (Without mentioning a specific player)