Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: B&F Dinner

On the veteran's list

B&F Dinner

I have seen the Club B&F dinner advertised for this Thursday night. However every link to it seems to have disappeared, even on the Swans website. Is it still on, or has the GF defeat exterminated the club?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I have seen the Club B&F dinner advertised for this Thursday night. However every link to it seems to have disappeared, even on the Swans website. Is it still on, or has the GF defeat exterminated the club?
    Information can be still found on Swans Website as below:

Tickets to the 2022 Club Champion on sale now

To be honest it would be a hard year to win the B&F, who wants to celebrate after such a loss

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    To be honest it would be a hard year to win the B&F, who wants to celebrate after such a loss
    Believe it or not footy is about more than 1 game it is about the whole year and the work they put in on the way . Have been to a few myself and it is always a great night .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Believe it or not footy is about more than 1 game it is about the whole year and the work they put in on the way . Have been to a few myself and it is always a great night .
    Sure it would be and yes I think we are all aware what goes into a season and yes it’s nice to celebrate that, but after a showing like that, I know I might not say it openly but how much do you really want to celebrate. (Have been to a few swans BFs over the years myself and they are good evening you pay enough lol but this one will be a little forced I reckon)

Regular in the Side
    "While this event will not be live streamed in 2022, Sydney Swans and members and fans will be able to follow the action throughout the night via our live blog on" - Follow the 2022 Club Champion Dinner

Bit @@@@ it’s not being live-streamed.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, trying to remember the main awards.

My guess is 1, 2 and 3 in the B&F will be Mills, Parker and Warner.
    Most improved: Chad
    Players' Player: Mills
    Rising Star: Sheldrick

What else?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    So, trying to remember the main awards.

My guess is 1, 2 and 3 in the B&F will be Mills, Parker and Warner.
    Most improved: Chad
    Players' Player: Mills
    Rising Star: Sheldrick

What else?
    Sounds right.

Best finals player: Parker just over Warner (poor QF) and Mills (poor GF).
    Best clubman: Joey?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Players player Rowbottom or Parker?

Veteran Site Admin
    Here's a report from last year's award. It provides a list of all the awards handed out.

Parker crowned 2021 Bob Skilton medallist

I imagine Gould and Amartey (maybe McLean) will be fighting it out for the VFL player of the year. Gould should romp it in really, based on playing far more games.

VFL squad player is harder to pick as I don't think any were consistent standouts over the season, partly because we had so few injuries and hence they tended to be overshadowed by their AFL listed team mates. Gulden was injured for half the season so is unlikely to go back to back. Harry Morrison is my pick, maybe from Nick Shipley.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Here's a report from last year's award. It provides a list of all the awards handed out.

Parker crowned 2021 Bob Skilton medallist

I imagine Gould and Amartey (maybe McLean) will be fighting it out for the VFL player of the year. Gould should romp it in really, based on playing far more games.

VFL squad player is harder to pick as I don't think any were consistent standouts over the season, partly because we had so few injuries and hence they tended to be overshadowed by their AFL listed team mates. Gulden was injured for half the season so is unlikely to go back to back. Harry Morrison is my pick, maybe from Nick Shipley.
    Yes, my recollection is that the Paul Roos Best Finals player is only awarded in seasons in which we play more than one final.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast