Thread: Where do we need to improve in 2023?

Veterans List

Where do we need to improve in 2023?

For us to stay at the top we have to improve areas of our game. Every club will be looking to a % increase to their whole performance on and off the field to stay competitive and move up the ladder.

My thoughts are:

1. Get this cursed centre clearance malaise out of our game and take pressure off our defence.

2. Get a killer instinct instead of keeping other teams in the game or slacking off and giving them a sniff.

3. Have more than one forward avenue. Mix it up.

4. Build the overall body strength of the players. We got monstered by Geelong.

5. Build player versatility to various positions.

All good points, Nico. A big bodied, clearance beast with some leg speed would be great. Do we have anyone lke that on our list now? Let's hope so but our mids seem to be smaller than that.

Clearly, our deficiencies this year were in the centre clearances. We also need to improve our avenues to goal. Buddy kicked 50 goals but cannot be relied upon to repeat. Can Logan, McLean or Armetey step up next season to provide us with 20-40 goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    All good points, Nico. A big bodied, clearance beast with some leg speed would be great. Do we have anyone lke that on our list now? Let's hope so but our mids seem to be smaller than that.

Clearly, our deficiencies this year were in the centre clearances. We also need to improve our avenues to goal. Buddy kicked 50 goals but cannot be relied upon to repeat. Can Logan, McLean or Armetey step up next season to provide us with 20-40 goals?
    I reckon Logan will definitely provide a good avenue to goal next year. Buddy is likely to be rested more.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post

Agreed Nico. Can we move Buddy to a flank or wing, thus giving above 3 continuity and rhythm? If Gould can take Ramps’ spot maybe we can use him in midfield as needed. We certainly need to try something different. If Dylan bulks up a bit, he has the speed and skill to take turns as well. I would leave Isaac up forward as he is most valuable there and hard to match up. Paps can have a spell in the mid too- we just need to mix it up to keep the opposition guessing while finding effective combinations. Also, if Ladhams or Crayfish come good, this will make a huge difference and big Tom can then share the ruck load properly.

I’m excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    For us to stay at the top we have to improve areas of our game. Every club will be looking to a % increase to their whole performance on and off the field to stay competitive and move up the ladder.

My thoughts are:

1. Get this cursed centre clearance malaise out of our game and take pressure off our defence.

2. Get a killer instinct instead of keeping other teams in the game or slacking off and giving them a sniff.

3. Have more than one forward avenue. Mix it up.

4. Build the overall body strength of the players. We got monstered by Geelong.

5. Build player versatility to various positions.
    All good points pretty spot on . Buddy simply cannot be our number 1 forward focal point next year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    All good points pretty spot on . Buddy simply cannot be our number 1 forward focal point next year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew Richardson, former All Australian etc key forward played his final full season on the wing and led the league in marks and also had career highs in kicks and handballs. Just saying!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Matthew Richardson, former All Australian etc key forward played his final full season on the wing and led the league in marks and also had career highs in kicks and handballs. Just saying!
    Richo had a massive tank. Buddy could spend time there but nowhere near a full game. Stephens and Gulden cover huge distances.