Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Might be time for Yabba to get a mate methinks.
    I was thinking something similar. Undecided on the pose, though. Two arms over the fence, joyously signalling a goal? Or hands to the face, giving the umpires heaps?

Vale Kenny. I endorse all the calls for Kenny to be recognised in some lasting fashion and I like the suggestions that have been made.

Touching tributes on the club website to John Payne too. I had heard the name and about 'the House of Payne' but didn't know much about him.

We are blessed to have such good people throughout the club. Those people are a big part of what make footy and footy clubs great.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Wonderful character, we'll miss him from the fence and the rousing chorus after the win.
    Agree he deserves a statue of his own.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Might be time for Yabba to get a mate methinks.
    Agree behind the goals at the Paddington end!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    A statue might be tough as to capture Kenny you would have to have him leaning over the fence!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Maybe a Kenny Williams award for long-term, die-hard fans? Where the annual winner (if they want to) gets to lead the song next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    +1 I agree there should be some sort of permanent club commeration for Kenny. Very sad to hear of his passing & will be missed.
    +2
    What an innovative idea.

Buddy has posted a lovely photo of Kenny with a heart emoji in his stories on Instagram. Buddy is standing on the SCG after a match, arm around Kenny’s shoulder with Kenny laughing up at him. Kenny barely stood as tall as Bud’s shoulder!

Veterans List
    Sad news indeed. What a legend......RIP Kenny, you brought nothing but joy to us all.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    In the dark days when the club was struggling and not many people were going to games, it cheered the heart of this old South Melbourne boy to see someone at the ground who obviously loved the club as much as I do.

Rest in peace, Kenny. You left an indelible mark on our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    In the dark days when the club was struggling and not many people were going to games, it cheered the heart of this old South Melbourne boy to see someone at the ground who obviously loved the club as much as I do.

Rest in peace, Kenny. You left an indelible mark on our club.
    I'm sure the club will find a tremendous way to honour Kenny and all he has given the club over such an extended period.

RIP legend - people like you are part of what makes the heart and soul of a footy club!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side

Made me sad to hear Roos say people like Kenny who have been around clubs for decades giving their heart and soul, are becoming are a dying breed. They all individually have wonderful stories reflecting the history of their clubs.

Hope that is not the case and a new generation will take on the baton. As many have posted, they are the essence of footy clubs which help keeps them grounded and connected to their supporter base, particularly as the game becomes increasingly professional.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast