Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Season – what’s happening Premier and Platinum Divisions

Balmain? Don't appear to have great numbers on the track from their Facebook page.
    I can't throw rocks, blokes are allergic to training these days!

No, appears UNSW has dropped out of Platinum Reserves.

The 4th grade team that put 15 goals on my boys and won a flag? Geez that's a stretch. Good value that they'll still field a team in the divisions though. Can't have them losing games

Pushing for Selection
    Balmain will be ok. Heard they picked up a few decent players (Trent Stubbs, Josh Battistella, Josh Duncan) to name a few.

Unsure how depth of numbers will go but some good players for their Platinum team

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    The 4th grade team that put 15 goals on my boys and won a flag? Geez that's a stretch. Good value that they'll still field a team in the divisions though. Can't have them losing games
    I guess Luffy has hung up the boots and picked up the Vape.

Not sure how they've folded their 4th grade team when they also had a 5ths in division 3 last year

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    The podcast they do is a good concept, but not done frequently enough.

Something like a season preview would be a good start.

The fact the draw hasn’t been finalised 2 weeks before round 1, when other local comps have their draws live, is pathetic.

Has been like this for at least 10 years.
    Reason is some clubs still can’t confirm whether they can field teams in respective grades. 3 teams have dropped out of different grades in the last 2 days meaning the draw needs to be re-cut. Draw can’t be finalised until clubs commit to teams.
    More a club issue than an AFL issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draw is out and we have byes in the higher divs
    There really is no need for this

Almost Football Legend
    It's not ideal, but I don't see what they could have done to avoid byes in either Premier Division comp.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Byes in Prems is not good, but the other thing that’s worth noting is that in the lower divisions and U19’s, there’s no more than 8 teams in each competition.

Will lead to a shorter finals series with less teams participating - top 4 instead of top 5.

How much if this is down to the disruption last year brought with so many games called off with rain?

It’s a shame to see, what appears to be, a decent drop in the number of guys and girls participating.

Couple of interesting things I noticed -
    ECE only have mens prems, ressies and u19s.
    Magic down to 1 mens team.
    Randwick div 1 and div 3 instead of platinum.
    UNSW going div 1 over platinum reserves (I would have guess div 1 is harder than platinum reserves?)
    Sydney Uni, North Shore and UNSW results in platinum will be interesting. I assume they play their third team here? How does it compare against platinum clubs first teams?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Couple of interesting things I noticed -
    ECE only have mens prems, ressies and u19s.
    Magic down to 1 mens team.
    Randwick div 1 and div 3 instead of platinum.
    UNSW going div 1 over platinum reserves (I would have guess div 1 is harder than platinum reserves?)
    Sydney Uni, North Shore and UNSW results in platinum will be interesting. I assume they play their third team here? How does it compare against platinum clubs first teams?
    Yes they will play their thirds in platinums from earlier in this thread.

UNSW D1 not playing platinum reserves and thus forcing a bye is ridiculous for the evenness intended with the platinum/platinum reserves structure, but my guess is sydneyafl preferred to have 8 teams in division 1 than just 7.

ECE makes sense considering they were fielding their best team in D2 last year, I imagine those old prems players have no hung them up or at other clubs I believe?

Great promotion from the league for the season isn’t it. 😝

One week to go the have with what they take from clubs have promoted it well.

Good luck to all clubs, minus clubs the idiots running it woundnt get paid

It’s a disgrace an only comp in a major state has nothing yet clubs cop it, get charged for it and forums like this clubs turn on each other when the state body and afl offer nothing.

Go afl… but seriously all should think about the year on year crap on here band together and challenge it

Over and out

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast