Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2023

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    We were right with them at half time and with Carlton's huuuuge AFL experience advantage over us, what happened in the second half was no surprise.

I'm with you, Liz - an encouraging performance.

Regular in the Side
    Final Scores; Swans VFL:8.10.58 Blues VFL:17.8. 110 They marked much better than us and scored more accurately.

I agree with comments that there was some genuine encouraging signs in that game, especially in the first half. Still going to be a long season, but at least we can maybe see a few green shoots.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Stephens the only Swan to get coaches' votes
    Sydney Swans 8.10 (58) def by Carlton 17.8 (110)
    10 Zac Fisher (CAR)
    7 Alex Cincotta (CAR)
    7 Paddy Dow (CAR)
    2 Archie Stevens (CAR)
    2 Dylan Stephens (SS)
    1 Ned Cahill (CAR)
    1 Lochie O'Brien (CAR)

Veterans List
    Who have we got this week? More experience on the park in McAndrew, Warner, Arnold and Buller

Yes

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Who have we got this week? More experience on the park in McAndrew, Warner, Arnold and Buller
    We have Sandringham Dragon who are 16th on the ladder. Tramway Oval at 1.05 pm Friday.

It will interesting to see how the two new mid season draft boys go today. They should be fit enough for the VFL level and hope they produce the reason we recruited them. I personally have high hopes they will both go to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    It will interesting to see how the two new mid season draft boys go today. They should be fit enough for the VFL level and hope they produce the reason we recruited them. I personally have high hopes they will both go to the next level.
    Yep very intrigued to see how they go! If Arnold has a couple of really solid games early on, surely will be pushing for senior selection very quickly.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Should finish work by about 12:30-1pm today, so think I’ll swing by and watch this game. Curious to see how the new boys slot in.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Should finish work by about 12:30-1pm today, so think I’ll swing by and watch this game. Curious to see how the new boys slot in.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    Let us know of how the boys went.

Veteran Site Admin
    I suspect we might be expecting too much from the newsters. They likely won’t bestow kicking skills on the squad, not immediately, anyway. But they have piqued my interest enough to drag me down to Moore Park for the second time in less than 24 hours. I hope I won’t be regretting it by quarter-time.