Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263

Thread: Swans VFL 2023

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If you look at the breakdown of the CBs (as Longmire loves to call them now) in the last few weeks,

CBAs - DFS Australia

in terms of covering for Papley we don't need to look at unorthodox options such as Campbell or Heeney. Rowbottom and Warner have had very low CB attendances in the past 2 weeks, they could easily slot back in there. Mills had a season high 88% on Saturday, because he was tagging Dawson and with 2 possible tagging targets in Oliver or Petracca he could be retained in the middle.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If you look at the breakdown of the CBs (as Longmire loves to call them now) in the last few weeks,

CBAs - DFS Australia

in terms of covering for Papley we don't need to look at unorthodox options such as Campbell or Heeney. Rowbottom and Warner have had very low CB attendances in the past 2 weeks, they could easily slot back in there. Mills had a season high 88% on Saturday, because he was tagging Dawson and with 2 possible tagging targets in Oliver or Petracca he could be retained in the middle.
    This is true. But if you want a wildcard option, we should be looking at McInerney. I'm still obsessed by his centre bounce prowess, because the two times Horse trusted him in there, he won games for us against Norf in 21 and the Bombers last year. I'd only do it in a pinch hitting role, but we should definitely do it for a bit of variety and spice.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Liz, I share your high hopes in Sheldrick. It’s such a shame he got injured as I could see him blossoming under finals pressure.

In terms of Paps CBA replacement, I was trying to think of explosive players without too much regard to the consequences of moving them from their former position.

Another that came to mind was Campbell. Maybe Heeney?

Assuming they need to be available next week I can’t think who else?

I’m assuming Buller and Amartey will both be unavailable up forward and McCartin down back. If one of them was available Francis could play back. Although I thought Melican played out of his skin before he got injured, again. I presume he’s available now?
    Agree on Sheldrick - his last block of games convinced me he's a long term mainstay of our centre square crew. He wasn't even in the injury report last week, suggesting he's a while off.

Nice suggestion re Campbell! Errol had some cracking contested possessions late and we'll likely lean on him a little more.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Agree on Sheldrick - his last block of games convinced me he's a long term mainstay of our centre square crew. He wasn't even in the injury report last week, suggesting he's a while off.
    They declared him as "season over" almost straight away.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They declared him as "season over" almost straight away.
    Yeah, but based on a season of what length..?

Clutching at straws a little, but holding out a minuscule of hope.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    I may be wrong, but I thought McInerney has already been ruled out for next week

I think that Longmire in his presser today confirmed that.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Im uniformed 2 posted that before it was announced Mcinerney was out

Veterans List
    There was no mention of Buller in the injury report. I wonder how bad his calf injury is?

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263