Thread: AFLW 2023 Preseason

AFLW 2023 Preseason

First changes for our Swans women’s list for 2023.

‘The Sydney Swans have made two changes to the club’s AFLW playing list with Gen Lawson Tavan and Zoe Hurrell told they will not be offered contracts for Season 8.’

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/...w-list-changes

Hurrell and Lawson-Tavan have been delisted.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I saw Brooke Lochland jogging around Lakeside/Tramway during men's training yesterday morning.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I saw Brooke Lochland jogging around Lakeside/Tramway during men's training yesterday morning.
    for her. It must be frustrating having so long to wait until the 2023 women’s season, so kudos to the players already putting in the work.

By the time they officially return the exciting new training facilities at the Hall of Industries should be open.

“GOLD Coast best and fairest Charlie Rowbottom has turned down an approach from Sydney, a move which would have reunited her with brother, AFL Swans midfielder James.”

https://www.womens.afl/news/118294/s...n-at-the-swans

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

There is still time, hopefully she has a long career (mainly at the Swans)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Announced today some generous concessions for our AFLW team, includes signing up to five players from other teams as FA so we don't need to trade for them.

A host of other list management measures as well

Great news. I wonder if Swans knew these provisions when they last spoke to Charlie Rowbottom? If not they might try again ....

Sydney

Granted an additional three list spots for season eight, reducing to two for season nine and none for season 10

Can sign up to five players during PSP

Can offer a "secondary relocation reimbursement/payment" to those players

Can offer longer-term contracts with an additional two seasons more than that which is allowed in season eight, for two players only

Can offer longer-term contracts with an additional one season more than allowed in season eight, for three players only

https://www.womens.afl/news/118308

Veteran Site Admin
    Rowbottom wouldn't qualify to be poached from the Suns as she's not been in the system long enough.

It sounded like she declined because she's happy and settled on the Gold Coast. Are you suggesting (or more "wondering out loud") whether the new arrangements mean the Swans could offer her a much better financial outcome (including security) than the Suns can?

Wondering out loud .... I didn’t read fine print re length of time in system though, so it’s still .

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Let's hope we can take advantage of this assistance.

I saw in the girls twitter feed a picture, presumably in the new HQ, of the womens team that competed in the charity lightning premiership in 1947 https://twitter.com/SydneySwansAFLW/...700800/photo/1, it was good to see.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 23rd February 2023 at 04:07 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.