Page 51 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The Swans website has added the two new players with their numbers #38 for Arnold and #47 for Buller.#47 was last worn by Toby Pink in 2019, and the last #47 to play senior football was Simon Phillips in 2007.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The Swans website has added the two new players with their numbers #38 for Arnold and #47 for Buller.#47 was last worn by Toby Pink in 2019, and the last #47 to play senior football was Simon Phillips in 2007.
    Thanks Ugg. A record short time to update the website, must have a new keen staff member LOL. Other clubs do it so please let this be the norm for us in future, no more 12 month old profiles and when they leave, get them off!

Veteran Site Admin
    SEVEN years for the Lizard. Seven. Guess he likes it in Sydney.

This article also confirms a two year extension for Sheldrick that was rumoured earlier in the year but not confirmed publicly.

Blakey makes long-term commitment to Sydney

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    SEVEN years for the Lizard. Seven. Guess he likes it in Sydney.

This article also confirms a two year extension for Sheldrick that was rumoured earlier in the year but not confirmed publicly.

Blakey makes long-term commitment to Sydney
    I think it's terrific, particularly for Lizard, but also Sheldrick.

Some might baulk at the length of the contract for Blakey, but . . . what do contracts mean anyway these days. And it's probably shrewd cap management. I imagine it's a case of giving him a guaranteed, reasonable lick of the icecream (say, $500K plus some performance bonuses and ratchet clauses re CBA increases etc) that balances him wanting a decent wage locked in against the risk of him continuing to improve and peak and us being pushed to give him more in later years.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I think it's terrific, particularly for Lizard, but also Sheldrick.

Some might baulk at the length of the contract for Blakey, but . . . what do contracts mean anyway these days. And it's probably shrewd cap management. I imagine it's a case of giving him a guaranteed, reasonable lick of the icecream (say, $500K plus some performance bonuses and ratchet clauses re CBA increases etc) that balances him wanting a decent wage locked in against the risk of him continuing to improve and peak and us being pushed to give him more in later years.
    Happy with Sheldrick. 19 yo with upside

Veterans List
    Great news for all of us.

Long contracts are usually for less $ so club takes the injury risk, the player takes less $ but it's guaranteed way into the future. Secure contract makes buying a good house easier :-)

Makes salary cap management easier going forward.

Veterans List
    Well that stopped the Sheldrick "chatter" in it's tracks. Obviously the club likes him.

Don’t mind this , Blakey is a special talent . Even if he has already reached his peak level , which I don’t think he has . It’s worth the risk in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goes up to 11
    Great news.

Blakey's is the longest contract extension in the comp now - I wonder when the trading ban that must be coming our way will be announced?

Nothing to celebrate with a 7 year contract.

Given that we have no idea of the particulars, we are in no position to really make an informed judgement. The only thing I will say is that I am happy that he will be in red and white and no other colours.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    #47 will always be Leon Higgins for me.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form