Page 108 of 325 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,285 to 1,296 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Veteran Site Admin
    Restricted.

On the veteran's list
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

I love how reporters say “former #5” pick when you’ve been in the system for a few years. It’s as meaningless as telling people your year 12 score once you’ve been in the workforce - no employer cares. It’s what you do once you’re drafted that counts. And clubs can get it wrong, picking someone way higher than they probably should have been. Imagine trying to recycle former #1 pick, Richmond’s, Richard Lounder, based on his premium draft selection in 1987, as opposed to his forgettable 4 match career which started and ended in 1989?

By the time you’re mid-way through the first round of the draft, it can be a crap shoot. Sure, many educated wins, but ill-informed busts too. Dyl can always feel proud he was taken pick 5. At the trade table a few years on, it’s worth less than the seats they’re sitting on, if they’re comfy.

And Lounder, you’ll always be a number one pick. No one can take that away from you. It just might not be worth much on your resume.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    What Auntie Gerald said about media speculation. When it comes to trading players the Swans have always played their cards close to their chest, so whatever the confabulating footy media has to say is all cobblers until it happens.
    "Cobblers" is not a word that get's enough of an outing.
    Very glad to see you're back.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Reports this evening that TDK set to re-sign with the Blues, rejecting our (allegedly) massive eight year offer

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    "Cobblers" is not a word that get's enough of an outing.
    Very glad to see you're back.
    Thanks RnR, you too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Mmm, indeed. And here some of us were speculating about delisting Stephens.

If he were to be traded, and multiple Victorian clubs were interested, what could we get back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Reports this evening that TDK set to re-sign with the Blues, rejecting our (allegedly) massive eight year offer
    Blues sign Tom De Koning for two years after months of speculation (afl.com.au, headline mine)
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Apparently TDK has signed a two year deal with Carlton, with the headline reading it ends “months of speculation”. The key word being “speculation’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Mmm, indeed. And here some of us were speculating about delisting Stephens.

If he were to be traded, and multiple Victorian clubs were interested, what could we get back?

- - - Updated - - -

Blues sign Tom De Koning for two years after months of speculation (afl.com.au, headline mine)
    Stephen’s would have very little currency, disappointing but you can’t win them all

Barrass season over with a compressed back fracture.
    That would have to put some doubt in that chase

Hopefully now Naughton

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Barrass season over with a compressed back fracture.
    That would have to put some doubt in that chase

Hopefully now Naughton
    Reid, Paddy, Johnson, Naismith. Barrass’ injury history fits our player list profile perfectly.

For me we can function with Rampe, Tom Mac, Fox and Blakey playing as “talls” but against the best of the best we can not control a game with those 4,as our “talls”.

Not being able to control a game is a bit of a lottery every week but it significantly affects how you attack and defend.

We need another tall in defence that can truly cut of the dangerous long kicks like a Steven May does for Melb or a Darcy Moore for the Pies or Stewart for the Cats etc. As we have all seen these types of elite defenders can play one on one in pagans paddock and still dominate. This allows all other defenders to push up field squeeze space and time.

This type of dominant aerial defender just makes such an incredible difference to the way the opposition attacks you. The opposition knows they cannot push higher up the ground with out worrying about getting a plus one back in time to the rebound of a dominant aerial key defender.

That is such an advantage in controlling a game and full throttle in attack.

I know you can’t have everything but another key defender that can truly go one on one and win an aerial battle…….plus another ruckman would be minimum for me this trade period.

We may have to make do with our attack and tall forwards. I know it is not ideal loosing Buds strike power with out a tall replacement