Page 158 of 325 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,885 to 1,896 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    24 August 2023 5:35pm
    Spoke to him last weekend and his words “hope to get it done soon”. Mitchell said the same thing to a supporter at the B&F the year he left. Dawson said to a reporter the Swans supporters had nothing to worry about.

Perhaps Dawson was right. At the time he might have still wanted to remain a Swan. Or he was right in that the season after he left we made a grand final. If you were told at the start of 2022 you were guaranteed to be in a Grand Final, would you have taken that with such a young list and the departure of JD? Nothing to worry about indeed.

I like Hayden. I’m trusting him.
    True to his word

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    True to his word
    Dawson left because his partner wanted to go back to SA. The impact of Covid was significant on this decision.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Dawson left because his partner wanted to go back to SA. The impact of Covid was significant on this decision.

Doesn’t mean we weren’t stitched up by the Crows, though.

Hey, I don’t begrudge Dawson. My point was when he said we had nothing to worry about, at the time perhaps he had pie every intention to re-sign. Or he knew we’d be fine without him (I’ll give him the benefit of the former rather than his prognosticative ability with the latter). Personal relationships can often outlast a football career. He’s a good man. He made a decision for him and his family. Good character. I give him credit for phoning the goal umpire too

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn’t mean we weren’t stitched up by the Crows, though.

I give them less credit

Senior Player
    A concern with Sheldrick is that he has missed a significant chunk of both of his first 2 seasons. Did he miss a long period at the beginning of his draft year or am I imagining that?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Four more for McLean

I'm happy. Clunks contested marks, kicks straight. Can ruck when required and has done a lot more around the ground in recent weeks. Just a good, solid 100% effort team player.
    And is getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    A concern with Sheldrick is that he has missed a significant chunk of both of his first 2 seasons. Did he miss a long period at the beginning of his draft year or am I imagining that?
    He has an ankle injury right now which he can’t be blamed for

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree. Rock solid and smart player. Relieved he is staying.
    Feels like a year too long, but I guess this is what happens when fringe players attract interest. Wouldn't shock me if he wasn't in our best 22 in a couple of years time.

Senior Player
    Possibly right but he may keep improving. 4 yrs is big for him but happy he's signed.

On the veteran's list
    Fox reporting that if Matt Crouch doesn't get what he wants at the Crows then the Swans are very interested.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...NbjYntDk7tI-NU
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Fox reporting that if Matt Crouch doesn't get what he wants at the Crows then the Swans are very interested.

AFL trade news, rumours, whispers: Matt Crouch future at Adelaide, Sydney Swans interest, latest
    I wonder if another inside mid like Crouch is more insurance against the decline of Parker than a lack of confidence in Sheldrick.

Wouldn’t be the worst player to have on our list given our consistently poor clearance / CP game. And free from a draft pick POV.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post

AFL trade news, rumours, whispers: Matt Crouch future at Adelaide, Sydney Swans interest, latest
    Still punching out some pretty big numbers and just 28 yo.

Sources:
    https://afltables.com/afl/stats/play...tt_Crouch.html
    AFL app

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk