Page 159 of 325 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,897 to 1,908 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Senior Player
    Was all australian and B and F winner under Pyke who I assume will still be with us next year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I wonder if another inside mid like Crouch is more insurance against the decline of Parker than a lack of confidence in Sheldrick.

Wouldn’t be the worst player to have on our list given our consistently poor clearance / CP game. And free from a draft pick POV.
    They've got plenty of confidence in Sheldrick.

Agree, Mark, there's an age bracket hole in our midfield group between Parker, 30, and Mills, 26.

Source:
    https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-sydney-swans

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Crouch can play but with his deal your not bringing him in for depth your bringing him in to play, so it would all be about who he replaces.

And id prefer Sheldrick off a full preseason.

With Buddy, Hickey, Paddy and Maybe Reid going we would have to be one of the youngest lists again

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Dawson left because his partner wanted to go back to SA. The impact of Covid was significant on this decision.
    I think most people can understand his reasoning KG.
    At the time the fury expressed by some RWOers was because of his assurances to fans that they needn't worry.

I wonder how did he get into the final year of his contract at all?
    If we'd signed him to an extension before he got into his final year, as we did with Papley, then we'd either have not lost him at all - or gotten a much better deal in trade.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    At the time the fury expressed by some RWOers was because of his assurances to fans that they needn't worry.

If we'd signed him to an extension before he got into his final year, as we did with Papley, then we'd either have not lost him at all - or gotten a much better deal in trade.
    You’re right RnR, we should have signed him up the year before. It would have at least meant Adelaide couldn’t do us over like they did.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post

We’d been trying to sign him for well over a year. We offered him short and long term deals, based on various requests from him and his management. The dollars attached were equal to what Adelaide eventually signed him for.

He only told the club he was leaving after he’d gone home at the end of season 2021. There’s no blame on the club on this one.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    I am not sure if I have calcs right maybe someone can check
    I have looked at Suns need for points . Cal Twomey (august reviesZ) has walters at 2,reid at 9 rogers at 12 with the 4th academy player grham not in top 30.Suns dont have the popints to match the top 3 let alone graham. maybe we could tradde our pick 22 ,30 and 41 for their pick 4 Thereby giving us 4 and 11 and 49. Forget about Crouch and McKay . Dudoro (dons) said about Mckay only at the right price and for me he is too slow. Lets chase o'sullivan and sanders (a key def and a mid (larke medalist) to fill our needs Then Caiden cleary with sheldrake filling in .

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    This is correct, and worse still it cost us George Hewett who was keen to stay at the Swans, but the club had to make room in the salary cap to accommodate Dawson’s contract.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    I am not sure if I have calcs right maybe someone can check
    I have looked at Suns need for points . Cal Twomey (august reviesZ) has walters at 2,reid at 9 rogers at 12 with the 4th academy player grham not in top 30.Suns dont have the popints to match the top 3 let alone graham. maybe we could tradde our pick 22 ,30 and 41 for their pick 4 Thereby giving us 4 and 11 and 49. Forget about Crouch and McKay . Dudoro (dons) said about Mckay only at the right price and for me he is too slow. Let’s chase o'sullivan and sanders (a key def and a mid (larke medalist) to fill our needs Then Caiden cleary with sheldrake filling in .
    Crouch and McKay are both FAs so won’t cost us any picks. Sanders highly likely to be pre-listed by North, but if we could get our hands on pick 4 I wouldn’t complain!

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    We’d been trying to sign him for well over a year. We offered him short and long term deals, based on various requests from him and his management. The dollars attached were equal to what Adelaide eventually signed him for.

He only told the club he was leaving after he’d gone home at the end of season 2021. There’s no blame on the club on this one.
    I have heard quite the opposite. We had him at the table and low balled him. He then started exploring the Adelaide option. We increased the offer but was too late by then.

Would be absolutely mad not to look at Crouch if available, helps address our clearance issues . Allows Parker to play a bit more forward we’re he can be quite damaging and a hard match up . Allows flexibility for Mills also . Another number running through the midfield might also address our fade outs. Allows Sheldrick to work on his tank more
    Here everyone saying we already have plenty of midfield depth but the numbers all year tell a different story .
    We simply can’t be happy with the same set up from this year . Pressure for spots in the midfield is a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just reflecting on our GF last year

I suspect Crouch maybe considered a finals series type of player also ie when the game is locked in and a trench battle